Software Engineer - Pricing
The Pricing team at DiDi Labs tackles challenging engineering and data science problems in the wide spectrum of pricing, fares and incentives, supporting DiDi’s fast-growing international business (i.e., the world outside China). The mission is to improve DiDi’s marketplace efficiency, elevate the experiences of our global customers, and build various pricing-related products that will continue to change the global transportation landscape.
The team is composed of machine learning engineers, backend engineers and data scientists. We use machine learning, operations research, statistics, economics and other quantitative techniques to design efficient pricing algorithms and strategies. We also build big data pipelines and scalable backend systems to deliver strategies and products in the real business.
- Participate in design, architecture, implementation, and support of software.
- Build efficient and scalable pricing backend systems to support DiDi’s global expansion and international business.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering teams in China HQ and local operation teams in international cities (e.g. Latin America) to deliver products and pricing strategy implementation that will improve the experience of DiDi’s global customer base and important business metrics.
- Machine learning: If you have related experience or strong interest, you will also have a lot of opportunities to directly build machine learning models.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, in one or more general-purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Golang, Python, Java.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with building machine learning systems.
- Have data science skills and experience with building machine learning models.
- Experience working in a product and/or business-driven environment.
About the company:
DiDi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation options for 550 million users, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Minibus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Car Sharing, and food delivery. Daily rides have reached 30 million, allowing more than 31 million drivers on the DiDi platform to find flexible work and economic opportunities.
In 2017 we opened DiDi Labs, our first overseas research center, in Mountain View, California to not only be on the forefront of the most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies, but also serve as the headquarters of DiDi’s international expansion. DiDi Labs offers the visibility and flexibility of a startup, with the stability of a mature company. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the skills, passion and drive to join us in transforming the global transportation industry.
Note: Some international travel might be needed (preferred, not required).