Architects, and develops optical, electrical and DSP systems. Conducts analyses, simulations, evaluations of components and the overall systems. Interfaces with various cross-functional teams such as software, firmware and testing engineers to improve hardware system solutions to enable product deployment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with internal customers to provide technical inputs and collects feedback to specify product features.
- Develops system architecture and designs hardware specifications to achieve complex features with minimal supervision from more experienced engineers.
- Reads components data sheets and interprets details required to design various hardware features.
- Identifies ways to simulate, optimize electrical designs by evaluating device performance over a limited range of operating conditions and configurations.
- Captures schematic, conducts and/or supervises PCB layout.
- Troubleshoots common issues with product and hardware designs, suggests possible solutions, and documents lessons learned.
- Interfaces with testing and quality engineers to help establish automation flows for design, testing and validation of hardware systems.
- Documents details about analyses, design, and testing methodologies.
- Seeks knowledge of industry trends, and advances in various engineering fields from publically available information; shows interest in a specific area of expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years Hardware/Electrical Engineering experience or related work experience.
- Master in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
- 3+ years experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF).
- 3+ years experience utilizing schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- 3+ years experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.