We’re now looking for a Test Technician to join our team. This role will perform lab and test work supporting the design/test team for characterization of electrical/optical components and systems. The candidate will run laboratory experiments, compile/report test data, build and assemble electrical/optical prototypes and manage the lab.
- Conduct electrical/optical components and system level lab test
- Collect, organize and present test data to the engineering team
- Soldering/de-soldering and electrical/optical system assembly
- Manage lab test equipment and laboratory supply inventory
- Provide a safe and clean working lab environment
- 3+ years of previous experience as a laboratory technician or equivalent
- Experience with soldering (SMT and Thru-Hole) and cable/harness fabrication
- Familiar with electrical/optics lab equipment
- Experience with R&D lab management
- 5+ years related work experience
- 2-4 years degree in related scientific field
- SMT Soldering (use of microscope, fine pitch soldering, rework and modification)
- Experience using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power supplies, DMM, etc.
- Experience with optical setup, optical test equipment including power meter, spectrometer, photodetectors, motorized stages, etc.