NLP Research Engineer – DiDi Labs (Los Angeles)
Our team in Los Angeles is currently focused on Natural Language Processing. We are excited about the future of communication, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Smart cars should speak and understand human language, and people should be able to order services and solve their problems by speaking. Furthermore, people who speak different languages should be able to communicate with one another.
NLP Research Engineers make key contributions to our overall mission by developing scalable machine-learning algorithms and systems.
- Define and build multi-purpose, state-of-the-art algorithms for machine learning experimentation on robust, large-scale, parallel systems.
- Work with statistical modeling teams to implement solutions to well-defined Natural Language Processing problems.
- Stay abreast of new computing technologies and deploy them to advance research.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years commercial experience with machine learning applications using robust, large-scale, parallel computing systems.
- Proficiency in large-scale programming in C++, python, or related systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous experience in a corporate research setting.
- Previous experience developing Natural Language Processing solutions.
About the company:
DiDi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. The company offers a full range of app-based transportation options for 550 million users, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Minibus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Car Sharing, and food delivery. Daily rides have reached 30 million, allowing more than 31 million drivers on the DiDi platform to find flexible work and economic opportunities.
In 2017 we opened DiDi Labs, our first overseas research center, in Mountain View, California to not only be on the forefront of the most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies, but also serve as the headquarters of DiDi’s international expansion. DiDi Labs offers the visibility and flexibility of a startup, with the stability of a mature company. We welcome people from all backgrounds who have the skills, passion and drive to join us in transforming the global transportation industry.