Research Scientist – DiDi Labs (Los Angeles)
Our team in Los Angeles now is focused on Natural Language Processing. We are excited about the future of communication, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Smart cars should speak and understand human language, and people should be able to order services and solve their problems by speaking. Furthermore, people who speak different languages should be able to communicate with one another.
Research Scientists make key contributions to our overall mission by tackling interesting, challenging, previously-unsolved problems, and by using state-of-the-art methods to solve them.
- Define ambitious, relevant AI research problems and criteria for evaluating success.
- Build state-of-the-art solutions by designing algorithms and carrying out experiments.
- Work with engineering teams, when appropriate, to get solutions into use.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
- Publications in top-tier conferences in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Speech Processing, or Statistics.
- Proficiency in large-scale programming in C++, python, or related systems.
- Good communication skills.
- 5+ years experience in professional research on Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning.
- 5+ years experience with robust, large-scale, parallel computing systems.