Senior Optics Engineer – Autonomous Vehicles
DiDi Chuxing has now officially launched DiDi Labs in Mountain View, California. DiDi Labs will be at the forefront of our most cutting-edge research and development in AI-based security and intelligent driving technologies. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility and flexibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company. We aim to attract top engineers and researchers with the skills and passion to drive a revolutionary transformation of the global transportation industry.
As a young team, our desire is to build and maintain a working environment that engenders free flow of ideas and sets our employees up for strong personal growth and career development. DiDi Labs offers the unique combination of the visibility of a startup with the stability of a mature company.
We’re now looking for a Senior Optics Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for the design, test, validation, and transfer to production of high-sensitivity, optical device modules. The desired candidate should demonstrate the capability to work routinely with a broad range of ranging/micro-optical related issues, from internal optical technical support, lens system design & testing, optomechanical design, system robustness validation, and interfacing with manufacturing partners for custom optical systems.
- Perform system level design for an optical system, prototyping, and testing of optical systems consisting of lenses, filters, and detectors
- Perform critical optomechanical alignments
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of refractive and reflective assemblies, analyzing optical efficiencies & gain loss, optical requirements derivation, creating test and alignment plans
- Assist in the specification of an optical module, filter, detector components, optics, and optical bench components as well as electronics associated with optical and electrical test equipment
- Internal support of other system development groups, providing technical expertise on optical system performance related to ranging detection
- Design and perform long-term reliability testing for optical components
- Interface with optics manufacturers/suppliers to support the design and qualification of our custom design optical components
- Ph.D. in Optical Engineering or related fields or MS with 3 years' related industrial experience
- Experience with optical simulation ray-tracing tools such as Zemax/CodeV
- Experience with mechanical CAD tools such as SolidWorks/AutoCAD
- A Demonstrated ability to align, test, and troubleshoot refractive and reflective optical set-ups and systems
- Ability to develop, analyze, and verify optical systems
- Experience with control system programming with LabVIEW/Python
- Experience with optoelectronics
- Experience with electronics and integrated circuits
- Experience with MEMS (Micro-electro-mechanical-system)
- Experience with thermal/mechanical Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools such as ANSYS