Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation platform. We’re committed to working with communities and partners to solve the world’s transportation, environmental, and employment challenges by using big data-driven deep-learning algorithms that optimize resource allocation.
Didi Chuxing’s Autonomous-Driving team was established in 2016, and has grown to a comprehensive research and development organization covering HD mapping, perception, behavior prediction, planning and control, infrastructure and simulation, labeling, hardware, mechanical, problem diagnosis, vehicle modifications, connected car, and security, among others. We’re developing and testing self-driving vehicles in China and the United States.
In August 2019, DiDi upgraded its autonomous driving unit to an independent company to focus on R&D, product application, and business development related to self-driving technologies. The new company will integrate the resources and technology of DiDi’s platform, continue to increase investment in R&D, and deepen collaboration with auto industry partners.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our Mountain View office to develop algorithms and pipelines for DiDi projects in intelligent driving technologies. You will be responsible for developing state of the art AI algorithms, as well as building highly reliable software and large-scale distributed systems. Your work will be applied on real vehicles to be deployed in DiDi’s network.
- Develop and deploy tools and pipeline in the area of intelligent driving on vehicles to improve the driving quality and make it smarter and safer.
- Research and implement the state of the art algorithms, adapt them into driving scenarios and make it running real-time on cars.
- Collaborate with third-party car companies and other groups to deliver the intelligent vehicles.
- Contribute to Company’s intellectual property through patent filing.
- Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Solid programming and proficient in C++ and/or Python.
- Low-latency, real-time software; performance analysis and optimization.
- Linux multithreaded / multi-process programming.
- Familiarity with good engineering practices such as continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews.
- 3+ years of industrial working experience.
- Clear in communication and easy to collaborate in a growing team.
- Master or Ph.D. degree in area of Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field with a focus in machine learning, artificial intelligence, optimization, operating systems, large-scale distributed systems.
- Qt, GPU, OpenGL programming.