Our Autonomous Vehicle team is quickly expanding and we are looking for an Autonomous Vehicle Operations Lead to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and operating our autonomous test vehicles that run on proprietary software and hardware. You will be an integral part of a fast-paced team helping to advance our cutting-edge technologies by testing with a high standard of safety and provide detailed feedback to our developers.
You must pass a number of training checkpoints, both in and out of the car. Expected to keep all project details confidential. A clean driving history and previous experience is required.
* Safely operate our autonomous test vehicles five days a week
* Collaborate closely with our talented software and hardware engineers to advance our technologies and internal workflows, and ultimately help shape our product roadmap
* Training new vehicle operators and provide guidance/support for operators out in the field
* Build and establish frameworks for various types of testing with an emphasis on safety. (Production, Mapping, Developer Tests)
* Schedule and dispatch daily operations
* Lead and support ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and Skills
* Comfortable with taking ownership of new projects and tasks
* Ability to think on your feet and solve problems quickly
* Safe and responsible driver! Must have a valid U.S driver’s license with at least 5 years driving experience and a clean driving record
* With 1-2 years of experience in a leadership role. Experience as an autonomous vehicle instructor role is a plus.
* Experience working in a start-up or fast-paced environments
* Dependable, self-driven, open-minded, and a strong sense of ownership
* Flexible and willing to work different shifts including early AM, nights, and weekends
* Ability to lead and support leadership
* BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
* You must currently reside in the San Francisco Bay Area
* Driving: 5+ years of driving with 3 years of clean record
* Minimum 2 years of previous autonomous vehicle operations experience