Performance Marketing Manager
Dictionary.com is looking for an extraordinary performance marketer to help drive new user growth in the acquisition and reactivation of Dictionary and Thesaurus users across desktop, mobile, and mobile apps. The ideal candidate will deliver against aggressive business goals—both analytical and imaginative. We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced environments and works in a hands-on manner to build and launch campaigns from various platforms. You must understand performance data and derive actionable insight that will help optimize the team’s output and tell the story of Dictionary.com.
Focus of this role:
- Analyzing performance data
- New/returning user growth and engagement
- SEO optimization
- Content marketing
- Public relations and brand activities
You will work cross-functionally with team members from Analytics, Product, Content, Lexicography, and Marketing to build and execute campaigns. Success in this role means being able to drive end-to-end strategy and execution across many stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. This will also require understanding best practices in fraud tracking, the creation of analytical testing frameworks, and campaign optimization. You should be comfortable with identifying new opportunities while effectively handling your day-to-day tactical execution across channels to drive efficient growth, engagement, acquisition, and conversions.
A successful candidate will be highly creative and skilled in engaging new audiences and increasing traffic, while telling our story effectively. Of course, you’ll do it all in a compelling, grammatically correct way. You will consistently search for vertical growth opportunities while solidifying our brand position in the crowded market.
- Build out tests to prove out hypotheses and recommend performance optimizations
- Take a data-driven approach to managing campaigns and derive insights on strategy and performance
- Support weekly and monthly reporting of channel metrics, goals, and other KPIs
- Monitor web analytics dashboards and key reporting tools, pointing out key areas of importance
- Communicate weekly updates, progress reports, timelines, and results
- Contribute to strategic documents that help align multiple teams at Dictionary.com
- Report weekly on keyword rankings and improvements through SEMRush
- Consistently look for ways to improve current processes or introduce new approaches that will contribute to success
- Develop a short- and long-term plan inclusive of an annual budget, spend, functional KPIs,Always leveraging efficiencies wherever possible to maximize impact and minimize costs, always leveraging efficiencies wherever possible to maximize impact and minimize costs.
- Add structure to and help deploy business vision for targeting and distribution — including SEM, SEO, display, promoting mobile app, video and social — while driving new customer acquisition.
- Work with marketing manager to ensure marketing efforts leverage consumer insights, address trends and serve the consumer and brand needs.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3-5 years of related performance marketing experience
- A deep love of the written word and the English language
- A firm grasp of web analytics, A/B testing, and data-driven (performance) marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, as well as identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multitask in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- The ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for the team
- Living and breathing data-driven marketing: You stay up to date on the industry, platforms, and changes as they roll out
- Agile, open-minded and skilled at delivering in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Is most comfortable being innovative, willing to test new ideas, tackle difficult subjects, and challenge normalized perceptions