What we can offer you
We offer an environment where passionate people can build great products while building a collaborative culture of user-focused innovation. You get to translate high-level requirements from various business partners into elegant, intuitive, and functional user-facing interaction designs that delight users and increase engagement.
You are knowledgeable in all facets of the design process, and especially talented at interaction and product design. You are deeply driven to build amazing user experiences. You possess excellent visual and user interface design skills and creativity with a high-level proficiency in Figma, Sketch and InVision among other visual creation tools.
As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly users attain language success. As the most innovative and technologically advanced dictionary, we are committed to accelerating the discovery and mastery of the English language in all its forms. Our leading mobile applications have been downloaded more than 100 million times – and we are just getting started. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform that will enable and inspire social connection, communication, learning, creativity and expression in the connected world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We offer competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks like unlimited vacation, commuter subsidy, 401(K) matching, free snacks, and gourmet coffee bar.
What you get to do
- Strong graphic design and user interaction skills and the ability to manifest our brand aesthetic through user experience while embracing real-world constraints (engineering feasibility, real-world complexities, etc.)
- Connect the dots between business requirements, innovation, analytics, and good design through visual representation of ideas
- Experienced at translating information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams and site maps, wireframes, customer journey and flow charts, comprehensive diagrams, templates, and static prototypes into compelling user interface designs
- Incorporate competitive analysis, research, project requirements/objectives, and corporate branding into the process
- Research and analyze emerging industry UI trends, competitors and strategies, and shares this information with the team
- Utilize ongoing usability testing and assessment techniques to better understand consumer interaction
- Participates in internal team meetings including weekly project status updates, planning sessions, and design critiques
- Documents ongoing progress, code migrations and status on work assignments in Git and while communicates these updates during daily status meetings
- Create necessary breakpoints, follows Pattern Library in great detail, updates Pattern Library with new additions to keep it up to date.
What you bring to us
- 2-3 years of product design experience (and the portfolio to back it up) as a key, hands-on product designer
- Understands the product development life cycle, experience with Agile development a plus
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Invision, and other visual software applications tools for design
- Ensures all versions of project files are complete, current, and stored/archived appropriately
- Attention to detail
- Ability to visualize and execute the creation of an experience from initial concept to execution with engineers on implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Comfortable with a collaborative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism
- Possesses academic background in graphic design, human-computer interaction, or interaction design, digital media design, fine arts, or related field