Digital Marketing Manager
Dictionary.com powers the world through language.
We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we have made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
Our team exudes energy and passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward.
What you get to do:
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for defining and executing a holistic digital marketing strategy. This role will focus on rapid growth and alignment across all channels of Dictionary.com LLC. A successful candidate will be highly creative and skilled in engaging new audiences that will generate increased traffic to the sites. You will also understand how to tell our story in a compelling, grammatically-correct way. It will be vital to search for vertical growth opportunities while solidifying our brand position in a crowded market.
- Plan and execute integrated 360 marketing campaigns from strategy to brief to execution. These campaigns will be innovative, on-brand in tone and voice, and cross-functional across our sites to drive engagement and deliver business objectives.
- Ensure cohesive consumer experience and consistency for the varied audiences and touchpoints of Dictionary.com LLC, which will increase brand engagement, sentiment, and share of voice.
- Lead a small but mighty marketing and social-media team that delivers both unique brand value and acts as a service to support and promote all key features of the Dictionary.com LLC products.
- Provide thoughtful guidance, strong mentorship, and empowerment to your multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop functional KPIs for short- and long-term plans that are within an annual budget. Knowledge of spend and hiring/building/organizing a marketing department preferred.
- Set business vision for targeting and distribution (i.e., SEM, SEO, display, promoting mobile app, video, and editorial while driving new customer acquisition).
- Collaborate with Editorial department to create headlines and support their narrative by creating strategies for promoting content thoughtfully and intentionally.
- Leverage efficiencies wherever possible to maximize impact and minimize costs.
- Create tools, segmentation, and programs to better define, understand, and activate current and prospective audiences.
- Serve as a key business partner to all cross-functional business leaders, understanding the distinct marketing needs of each function and the key role each plays in our company’s overall success.
- Build strong relationships across the industry and issue landscape to facilitate co-marketing opportunities that support business goals.
- Formalize reporting by analyzing weekly results and sharing learnings for future campaign performance.
- Use data to create and refine actionable audience targets and promotions.
- Ensure all marketing efforts leverage consumer insights, address trends, and serve the consumer and brand needs.
Who you are:
The Digital Marketing Manager will lead by example as part of our flexible and nimble team. You are an energetic and dynamic leader who inspires collaboration among your colleagues. You adapt quickly to new circumstances and have an open-mind. A resourceful approach to obstacles is also appreciated.
You will join a passionate, dedicated, innovative, and ambitious team committed to doing whatever it takes to power the world through language. To this team, you will bring your experience in managing and growing previous teams so as to create a functional, passionate marketing department within our company.
You are driven, motivated by challenges, and consistently researching the market for new opportunities. You have proven success developing an iconic brand and manifesting a strong creative vision into results through hands-on execution.
Specifically, you’ll have the following skills:
- Mid-level (5-7 years) experience that includes an acute awareness of external market factors.
- Prior experience building and executing successful integrated marketing and communication strategies in a high-growth business with financial metric responsibility.
- Proven track record of leading and developing a high-performing team (both in-office and remote) who works to bring the best out of their team and co-workers.
- Success developing an iconic brand and manifesting a strong creative vision.
- Experience working cross-functionally where marketing and communications is directly tied to business results.
- Team player who understands marketing as both a leadership and a service function.
- Ability to quickly understand new issues and industries.
- Stellar relationship-building skills; able to build trust and inspire agreement across diverse groups with multifaceted goals.
- Effective, persuasive, and passionate communicator across all media.
- Creative & inspirational storyteller, always bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Exceptional attention to detail while managing simultaneous projects.
- Agile, open-minded, and skilled at delivering results within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable being innovative, testing new ideas, tackling difficult subjects, and challenging normalized perceptions.
- Passionate about data-driven decisions and the customer experience.
- Able to adapt well to shifts in strategy and meet changing deadlines and priorities.
- Humility and integrity in all actions.