We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we have made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
Dictionary.com is seeking a Sr. Product Manager to help advance the business of its suite of web and mobile products.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading and communicating with cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a data driven mindset along with the ability to make decisions when there is incomplete or imperfect information. Additionally the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for consumer web products.
- Creating product requirement documents and running an agile development process that includes sprint planning, stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Supporting and defining business initiatives in collaboration with the leadership team
- Analyzing customer usage data and running user testing studies to validate ideas and concepts before investing in production
- Owning quality of feature development in collaboration with engineering teams
- Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
- Becoming a subject matter expert for online reference and publishing as it pertains to the businesses of Dictionary.com
- Having a thorough understanding of SEO and ad based monetization to support product profitability
- Managing 3rd party relationships that support the operation of the Dictionary.com businesses
- Staying up to date with new technologies to uncover new opportunities for growth
- Knowing why we are winning and losing in the market, and driving changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Keeping a finger on the pulse of our competition, and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience (MBA a plus).
- Experience with software products & internet technologies
- Experience with user experience of web apps
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Data driven with strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well in teams and take initiative
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel with any project