Director of Marketing
We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we have made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team, our team exudes energy and passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
Dictionary.com is at an inflection point, and seeking a Director of Marketing to lead and execute our brand vision and strategy that deliver against our core business objectives. You are a Marketing professional with 8-10 yrs of progressive industry experience who holds an acute awareness of external market factors, and the ability to quickly learn new issues and industries.
The Director of Marketing will steward the brand through this phase of rapid growth, expanding our platform to include new audiences, and build out the marketing and communications tools required to deliver against mission-critical business goals, while honoring Dictionary.com core mission and vision.
The Director of Marketing will lead by example, embodying and furthering our flexible and nimble team culture. You are an energetic and dynamic leader who inspires collaboration in your colleagues and partners. You adapt quickly to new circumstances and have an open-minded, resourceful approach to obstacles. You have experience in managing and growing a team.
What You'll Do
- Proven success developing an iconic brand and manifesting a strong creative vision into results through hands-on execution.
- Lead and cultivate a diverse & dynamic team of marketers and social media editors that deliver unique departmental value and provide support to all key functions within Dictionary.com.
- Develop a strong partnership with our content team to ensure a meaningful connection with our users & identify areas of growth.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop and deliver the vision and strategy for Dictionary.com expression in all markets and for all audiences.
- Plan and execute an integrated marketing and communications strategy to ensure consistency across Dictionary.com’s varied audiences and touch-points
- Manage marketing activities across public relations, digital channels, and partner marketing
- Create tools and programs to better define, understand, and activate Dictionary.com current and prospective audiences.
- Be the Dictionary.com lead storyteller, representing the organization with a passion and clarity that reflects commitment to our mission.
- Experience working cross-functionally in a product-driven organization where marketing and communications are directly tied to business results.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who is most comfortable being innovative, willing to test new ideas, tackle difficult subjects, and challenge normalized perceptions.
- Help your team find success in driving traffic and finding new opportunities for growth
- Find new ways to nurture and grow subscriptions to our flourishing email newsletters
Who You Are
- You have an advanced knowledge of grammar, spelling, and word usage, but you’re not afraid to have fun with it.
- Effective, persuasive, and passionate communicator across all media.
- A get-it-done attitude.
- Creative problem solver.