As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly users attain language success. As the most innovative and technologically advanced dictionary, we are committed to accelerating the discovery and mastery of the English language in all its forms. Our leading mobile applications have been downloaded more than 100 million times – and we are just getting started. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform that will enable and inspire social connection, communication, learning, creativity and expression in the connected world.
We are passionate about building great products and creating a collaborative culture of user focused innovation. We are searching for an SEO expert to support teams and drive strategic growth opportunities.
Experienced SEOs: here’s your chance to direct SEO strategy for a family of large sites with massive reach and a strong leadership position. We’re seeking an SEO manager to run search strategy for Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com. You will work directly with product, editorial, marketing, and the executive team at Dictionary.com to set the agenda for projects that will accelerate the growth of Dictionary.com search audience and develop opportunities to enter adjacent markets in search.
- Accelerate organic search growth of Dictionary.com
- Define and help prioritize product initiatives to achieve search success
- Craft and implement page level tests on Dictionary.com to defend and expand our leadership position
- Define editorial standards for maximizing search success and mitigating risk as we scale
- Partner with product owners, designers, analysts and tech leads in a consultative manner to ensure that SEO considerations are factored into day to day product decisions
- Study search demand to identify growth opportunities for our content and product
- Consistently track and assess competitors and identify competitive opportunities. Analyze opportunities to increase rank for pages, value and prioritize the opportunities, and provide specific and actionable recommendations to realize the opportunities
- Explore opportunities to expand corpus into adjacent subjects and/or vertical definitional content. Partner with stakeholders to perform market sizing and develop go to market strategy
- Monitor and report trends for critical SEO factors to expand the team’s knowledge of SEO and to Identify and triage issues that require attention
- Be the go-to expert for technical SEO questions across the Dictionary.com organization
- Track record of identifying and advocating for SEO opportunities and delivering business results from investments in those opportunities
- Consistently-demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit—the job requires driving SEO initiatives personally
- Exceptional Excel skills (are you the go-to Excel person on your team?)
- Experience analyzing large data sets generated from multiple sources, including Web analytics, site crawls, and large third-party SEO databases
- Strong Web-development fluency—must be able to write precise technical SEO requirements
- Experience administering web crawls
- Familiarity with SQL, Hive, and Tableau a big plus
- Prefer Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in math, science, business or computer science