Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language, through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we have made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team, our team exudes energy and passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
- Love to build and launch products at consumer scale. You have done it enough times in the past to understand the challenges of scaling consumer applications.
- Have a strong track record of continuously improving great software.
- Thrive in small team environments.
- Believe in Agile based development strategies, and have a strong preference for TDD / BDD, or similar, development methodologies.
- Hold fast to a high bar of quality, using testing strategies, code reviews, pair programming, and any other approach to improve the quality of your code.
- Build and launch software products with the highest bar of quality and velocity, using modern tech stacks and tools.
- Collaborate closely with technical, analytical, and product teams to execute on an aggressive product roadmap.
- Work experience with any of the following: Node, React or Angular.js
- Solid understanding of both SQL and NoSQL; strong experience with at least one NoSQL-database.
- Strong knowledge of *nix
- Offer competitive salaries, plus great benefits and perks.
- Are enthusiastically creating a high performance, collaborative culture.
- Are passionate about building great products, and are inspired by the possibility of unlocking the power of language through technology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.