Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language, through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we have made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team, our team exudes energy and passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
You are a high impact executive – you lead teams with purpose to achieve strategic goals, build and distribute great products that shape and lead their markets. You have a great blend of strategic thinking, and operational excellence. You have a strong track record of creating transformative and sustainable growth. You develop amazing teams that are constantly learning, growing and winning.
We are passionate about building great products and creating a collaborative culture of user focused innovation. We are searching for a great leader who shares that mentality to join our team as the Chief Operating Officer to oversee product, marketing, design and editorial functions. This role will report directly to the CEO.
What you get to do
- Create an environment of ongoing shared vision, strategic alignment and comradery to achieve continued and sustained company success
- Play a key role in defining and driving company-wide KPIs, creating a culture of both quantitative and qualitative accountability
- Lead product, design, marketing, editorial, and business development functions while partnering closely with other teams to ensure vision, strategies and objectives are being met
- Use your strong knowledge of web publishing as well as data and insights from our own customers to drive effective decision making that results in
- Identify, evaluate and evangelize growth opportunities. Collaborate with the CEO and executive team to develop investment cases and secure necessary buy in on said opportunities
- Prioritize day to day initiatives, clearly communicate status of projects to executive team, expose risks and tradeoffs with a no surprises philosophy
- Play a key role in developing the business strategy, resource plans and budgets. Integrate these into roadmaps and operating plans that meet and exceed said plans
- Collaborate with engineering, revenue and G&A teams to align business and strategic goals and successfully drive collaborative execution on deep partnership
- Mentor, grow and attract top talent
- 15+ years of demonstrated success leading teams to build, go to market and grow consumer web products
- Experience at internet company in media or content space
- Deep SEO knowledge
- Offshore or multi-location experience very helpful
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate agile product development strategies
- Business strategy and goal oriented in approach to decision making, prioritization and performance measurement
- Strong leadership, people management, communication and analytical skills
- Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high quality results in a fast paced environment
Dictionary.com offers competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks.
Unlimited vacation policy, Excellent Medical plans, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, team building outings, celebrations, and food!