Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language, through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we have made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team, our team exudes energy and passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
As an experienced Senior Back-end Engineer with a focus on search technologies, you love to build and launch data-driven products at consumer scale. You believe in Agile based development strategies and have a strong preference for TDD/BDD or similar development methodologies. You balance out-of-the box thinking and pragmatic execution, and have a strong track record of continuously improving great software.
You have: Key qualifications:
· Overall 7+ years of experience in software development, primarily with web applications at scale
· Strong architecture, data modeling, search relevance, and systems design skills
· Familiarity with modern data engineering ecosystems and relevant technologies: Graph databases, Elastic Search, Kibana, SOLAR, etc
· Practical experience with large NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.)
· Practical experience with natural language processing is a plus
· Experience with developing machine learning models is a plus
· Intimate proficiency with AWS infrastructure and cloud-native architecture
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross- functional teams