Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Why work for Dictionary.com
We are passionate about building great products and are inspired by the possibility of unlocking the power of language through technology. We are enthusiastically creating a high performance, collaborative culture. We are searching for a driven individual who shares this mentality to join our team.
As an experienced Engineer, you have mastered modern technology framework, and with them, you love to build and launch products at consumer scale. You believe in Agile based development strategies, and have a strong preference for TDD/BDD, or similar, development methodologies. You balance out-of-the box thinking and pragmatic execution, and have a strong track record of continuously improving great software.
• Highly energetic and committed to a great product and culture.
• Leaving your ego at the door to thrive in healthy debate.
• Passionate with integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance.
• A team player as likely to learn as to mentor your colleagues.
• A strong communicator with solid analytical skills.
• Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high quality results in a fast paced environment.
• A world-class engineer looking for the right team & opportunity to make an impact.
• Build and launch software products with the highest bar of quality and velocity, using modern tech stacks and tools.
• Collaborate closely with technical, analytical, and product teams to execute on an aggressive product roadmap.
• Work experience with any of the following: Node, React or Angular.js is a plus.
• You’ve dealt with the challenges of scaling consumer applications
• You hold fast to a high bar of quality, using testing strategies, code reviews, pair programming, and any other approach to improve the quality of your code.
• You value engaged product owners, quality engineers, production engineers, and other teammates; viewing cooperation with them as mutually beneficial
• Strong experience with at least one NoSQL-database
• Understands both SQL and NoSQL
• Strong knowledge with *nix
• Good at coaching, learning from, and working with other engineers