Chief Technology Officer, London - DICE
Live shows make us feel good. They’re a time to hang with our friends, discover new artists or lose ourselves on a dancefloor. We’re on a mission to bring all of this to more fans, more often – and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Chief Technology Officer based in London. Reporting directly to the CEO, you'll be responsible for the strategic vision, development and execution of DICEs platform.
At DICE, you’ll be part of the company that’s redefining live entertainment. It’s a place where you can be yourself, influence the culture, and create work that you’re proud of.
About the role
As CTO, you’re accountable for driving our technology strategy and execution. You will shape our technical roadmap, ensuring its alignment with business goals and driving innovation.
You will work closely with our C-Suite, specifically our Chief Product Officer, to elevate and deliver our product. You will also be responsible for the growth and development of a world-class engineering team, and ensuring DICE is utilising emerging technologies to consistently improve our platform.
- Driving the vision of technology at DICE as we continue scaling globally
- Creating a long-term vision for our technology roadmap that aligns with business goals and supports our growth strategy
- Leading architectural decisions to guarantee the scalability, performance and security of our platform.
- Acting as the voice of technology at DICE, during senior leadership and Board meetings
- Ensuring our technology, security and data stacks are world class.
- Working closely with the VP of Engineering in ensuring we are running a high performance engineering team
- Identifying and addressing potential technology risks and security vulnerabilities proactively
- An industry pioneer who’s as the forefront of technology trends
- An engineer or former engineer
- Passionate, humble and talented.
- A fan of music and culture.
- Actively responsible.
- A technologist who understands how to enhance business performance using technology
- A talent advocate with a passion for mentorship and developing individuals through feedback and coaching.
- Someone with great self-awareness and high EQ.
- Based, or can be based, in London
- Visionary technology leadership within a high-growth global company
- Experience growing and leading a world-class engineering team at a fast growth company
- Experience leading, or being in a team, that got its tech stack ready for IPO
- Ability to develop and execute adaptable technology strategies that align with our ambitious goals.
- Building a high-performance culture that will foster, elevate and grow internal talent to thrive in their roles
- Extensive knowledge of emerging technologies and trends, with a history of leveraging innovation to enhance user experiences.
- Expertise in collaborating with diverse teams to ensure that technology solutions align with growth and strategic direction.
- Successful track record optimising technology platforms in high-pressure scenarios, maintaining reliability, security and performance at scale.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Contribution to thought leadership in the technology space.
Our teams work from London, New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin and Milan. We’re building products that will revolutionise the industry for fans, artists and venues – and we’re growing fast. Read about our global expansion and our ongoing mission to transform ticketing.
We know that having a variety of perspectives makes us a better company – it’s why we strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. Find out how we’re creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive DICE.
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Monthly DICE credits
- Private health insurance with Vitality with tons of perks
- Workplace pension with Penfold
- Coaching and CBT sessions
- Summer workation
- Summer Fridays
- Generous parental package
- Cycle 2 Work
- Season Ticket Loan
We recognise the benefits of hybrid working, and want to create the best balance to ensure we can continue working together effectively. For our UK team, we have a hybrid work policy of three days in the office and two days from anywhere. You can chat about your specific team’s days and expectations during the interview process.
Our process for this role will involve the following stages:
- Screening call with our Tech Talent Lead
- Meeting with our CEO
- Onsite interview with Engineering Leaders
- Meeting with our CFO, CPO
- Final chat with our CEO