Live shows make us feel good. They’re a time to hang with our friends, discover new artists or lose ourselves on a dancefloor. We’re on a mission to bring all of this to more fans, more often – and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to join our Product team and build an exceptional DICE experience on Android that keeps fans returning to the app.
At DICE, you’ll be part of the company that’s redefining live entertainment. It’s a place where you can be yourself, influence the culture, and create work that you’re proud of.
About the role
As an Android Engineer, you will have a direct impact on what we build and how we build it. Your focus will be on building DICE’s onsite product, which takes card payments, scans tickets and helps fans get into the venue faster and have the best on-the-night experience.
Our app is in Kotlin following the design pattern MVVM + Clean Architecture principles and modularised by product features. We use Coroutines heavily, Jetpack libraries (Room, WorkManager, Compose), Retrofit and Dagger2 for dependency injection. Our minimum SDK version is 21. Check out our MAD scorecard.
- Helping us figure out the best direction for our product.
- Maintaining existing and adding additional functionality to our Android app.
- Building, designing and trialling new features.
- Solving technical challenges.
- Working in cross-functional teams on varied projects.
- Passionate, humble and talented.
- A fan of music and culture.
- Actively responsible.
- An excellent engineer.
- A problem-solver.
- Proven experience building Android apps.
- Experience building and iterating on at least one app in the Google Play Store is a plus.
- To be comfortable working on a large and modular code base.
- Kotlin or Java knowledge.
- Knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA, TestRails, Bitrise, Slack, Figma, Notion etc.
- The ability to work in an ad-hoc environment.
Our teams work from London, New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Paris, Milan and Berlin. We’re building products that will revolutionise the industry for fans, artists and venues – and we’re growing fast. Read about our latest Series C funding and what’s next for DICE.
We know that having a variety of perspectives makes us a better company – it's why we strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. Find out how we're creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive DICE.
- Unlimited holiday
- Private health insurance
- Workplace pension
- Free therapy and coaching
During the pandemic, we’ve learned that working from home can help us focus, but many of us are missing the buzz of the office. We’re still figuring out the best way for us all to work together in the future, and we’ll involve the whole team in any decisions we make.
Our process usually involves a quick chat on the phone, a portfolio review and/ or task and a couple of interviews where you’ll meet the people you’ll work with. We’ll keep you fully informed along the way.