Senior Backend Engineer – Partners
Live shows make us feel good. They’re a time to hang with our friends, discover new artists or lose ourselves on a dance floor. We’re on a mission to bring all of this to more fans, more often – and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Product team and help more fans get to shows they love.
At DICE, you’ll be part of the company that’s redefining live entertainment. It's a place where you can be yourself, influence the culture, and create work that you’re proud of.
About the role
We are building the tools that help the music industry put on the best show for Fans. Our backend apps are written mostly in Elixir and Go. They feed information to our apps with GraphQL and REST API, handling millions of transactions for ticket sales.
Here’s some more context: our code is hosted in GitHub, which we use for pull requests and code reviews. Our pipelines are managed by Travis CI and each commit builds a Docker container. We spin up short term Kubernetes clusters with the new feature branch of the app you’re working on so our QA team can test your feature in the entire stack. Then we merge the code and push it to the production cluster. That’s it :)
- Developing our backend system written in Elixir
- Providing technical insights and timescale estimations
- Working with product managers, testers, engineers and designers
- Quickly building new concepts to test assumptions
- Creating maintainable software with clean code, unit tests and documentation
- Developing our ticketing and streaming systems
- Passionate, humble and talented
- A fan of music and culture
- Actively responsible
- Keen to collaborate
- Able to balance moving fast with writing resilient code
- Proven experience with Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks
- Interest in Elixir and Phoenix
- A track record of developing systems at scale
- Experience implementing efficient solutions
- Strong understanding of how databases work internally
- Knowledge of how OSes and Linux work internally
- Experience integrating third-party services
Our teams work from London, New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Paris, Milan and Samara. We're building products that will revolutionise the industry for fans, artists and venues – and we're growing fast.
We know that having a variety of perspectives makes us a better company – it's why we strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. Find out how we're creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive DICE.
- Unlimited holiday
- Private health insurance
- Workplace pension
- Free therapy and coaching
During the pandemic, we’ve learned that working from home can help us focus, but many of us are missing the buzz of the office. We’re still figuring out the best way for us all to work together in the future, and we’ll involve the whole team in any decisions we make.
Our process usually involves a quick chat on the phone, a portfolio review or task and a couple of interviews where you’ll meet the people you’ll work with. We’ll keep you fully informed along the way.