DICE is the world’s most-loved discovery and ticketing platform for live shows and live streams, delivering exclusive, high quality entertainment to fans across the world.
We bring fans and creators together with our technology, working closely with the best artists, promoters and venues in music and culture. In April 2020 we launched DICE Live Streaming, connecting fans across the globe with the very best live events.
DICE is a place for people who are ambitious, humble and talented. For those who want to learn at pace and have a true passion for music and culture. Our HQ is in London, we have teams in New York, LA, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Mumbai and Samara and we’re live in 139 countries. You can read more about what we’ve been up to here in our recent Forbes and Rolling Stone articles.
And now, we’re looking for a UK Managing Director to join the DICE UK team for a 12-month fixed-term contract.
THE ROLE AND TEAM
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced strategic leader to head up the Live Team at DICE UK. Reporting into the VP of Global Operations, your team will be responsible for driving exponential growth amongst the UKs leading venues and promoters. You’ll manage and inspire the team to secure and deliver world-class partnerships. You have a strong analytical and problem-solving mindset and work closely with internal stakeholders in wider global markets and the streaming team, to ensure all business opportunities are maximised.
We know the power of live will never go away, you will be joining at a time when DICE’s legacy in the live space is coming into full force, helping our much-loved partners innovate and get back on their feet.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Own the P&L of the UK business, ensuring timing and financial targets are delivered
- Lead and coach the UK Live team, responsible for the acquisition and delivery of world-class partnerships with venues and promoters in the UK. In a fast-paced environment, you’re accountable for not only the commercial success of these individuals, but also their career progression and wellbeing
- Support and empower the UK Head of Music to establish and oversee the partner acquisition strategy for new business in the team, specifically in relation to lead generation, deal modelling, negotiation and most importantly closing
- Partner closely with sales operations to ensure the team has the training they need and systems / processes are as efficient as possible in driving speed and conversion
- Lead the strategy behind partner retention, growth and happiness, ensuring all Account Managers are supported in their day to day processes and conversations with partners. (Retention and growth are huge metrics at DICE, our Account Managers are an extension of our partners teams.)
- Collaborate with the Product team to prioritise and develop what's needed for operational excellence. You will be passionate about how the UK’s inventory is represented in the app, ensuring our partners visibility within DICE is championed and flagging issues and ideas with the product and CRM team
- Work cross-functionally with Fan Support, Partner Services, Event Services, Legal and People to ensure operational efficiency
- Provide weekly reporting to the VP of Global Operations and Chief Revenue Officer, enabling them to have clear visibility on the UK pipeline against global targets
- Coach the team to analyse their partners performance and report to you on a regular basis
- Drive DICE’s mission forward in the press and B2B market, participating in talks, workshops and interviews. Your ability to create strong networks of influential contacts is something you’re proud of
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You have proven operational experience leading and inspiring high performing sales teams. You have a clear vision and strategy and are able to guide the team to understand the roles they play in delivering it. You will be the face of the UK team representing the landscape in company meetings and key stakeholder meetings
- You recognise the importance of empowering your team through motivation, empathy, clear direction and openness
- You don’t sweat over a tough negotiation and have a stellar track record in navigating the full sales cycle of complex relationships and winning deals. You are mostly inspired to learn how DICE can enhance a partners business, consultative selling experience is key, you will be the main sounding board for the team in their approach to new business
- You’ll be able to be creative in your deal modelling, so strong commercial acumen is key. You should have experience in driving bottom-line growth of the business and understand the true value of a deal
- You have strong experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams and recognise the art of driving close teamwork to deliver operational excellence
- You’re an effective communicator, comfortable presenting to the wider business and pride yourself in the speed and efficiency of your comms
All applications are actively being reviewed as we begin the interview process now. Final closing date for applications is Friday 15th January 2021.