We built DICE for fans. We’ve gone from being a tiny six-person company in London to a 90+ person (and growing) company that is now launching around the world.
DICE is obsessed with design and technology and on a mission to be the world’s best platform to discover and buy tickets to amazing live experiences. The best artists all work closely with us to make sure their tickets go to their fans, not scalpers or touts.
We are looking for an engineering manager to join us and support our mobile engineers as we grow into a world-class engineering organisation.
As we grow, we’re planning to transition into squads and disciplines, while keeping the teams flat. Each squad will have a dedicated goal and each discipline will keep horizontal relationships.
Your focus will be on helping each of them with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes. You may also help drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams, such as testing, accessibility or performance.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing high performing engineers
- Interviewing and supporting hiring new engineers across iOS and Android (helping us grow & attract talented engineers)
- Helping with productivity or communication issues
- Conducting regular 1:1s with every person you manage to give and receive feedback
- Managing performance and providing useful, timely feedback (including OKRS and Reviews)
- Guiding engineers to the right training and helping them determine the best way to reach their professional goals
- Partnering with the head of engineering and product managers to ensure delivery squads are properly staffed and able to be highly effective
- Leading by example, participating in features development
- Approaching analysis based on hands-on experience
- You would like to help DICE build a world-class engineering organisation. Not just from a technical perspective but also from an interpersonal perspective
- You have experience managing high-performing iOS or Android engineers
- You understand the challenges associated with building iOS and Android in larger teams
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships
- You care deeply about helping others achieve their goals, avoid burnout, and become the best engineer they can be
- You have experience working on a discovery and/or ticketing platform
- Experience working on all stages of the development lifecycle to add additional and maintain the existing functionality of mobile apps
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product Managers, Testers, Engineers and Designers to understand requirements, provide technical insights and provide timescale estimations
- Experience working in an iterative approach, helping design, building and trialling out new concepts quickly to test assumptions and create the best possible service we can
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Mental Health and Wellbeing programmes
- DICE Development Programme
- DICE credit to spend on gigs
- Regular socials
- Free breakfast
- We love our HQ in East London, check it out here