DICE was built for fans, and we’re on a mission to get people out more. We’ve grown from a six-person start-up in London to become one of the fastest growing consumer businesses to originate from Europe.
We are looking for an experienced ETL Data Engineer to join our AI product team.
We want a team player who is passionate about building and scaling data science platforms and comfortable with supporting the diverse needs of multiple teams. You’ll be in an inspiring and fast-moving environment as part of a cross functional-team, working closely with developers, designers, testers and product managers. But more importantly, you’ll be building tools, maintaining high scale systems, and testing theories to arrive at essential insights that will help disrupt a global industry.
We work in an iterative approach, designing, building and trialing out new concepts quickly in order to test our assumptions and create the best possible service for our fans. We also aggressively pursue the best approaches to the many challenges we face in delivering a high scale and richly personalised services. We want engineers that are open to collaboration and that want to be an integral part of the product design process.
- Developing end-to-end data management solutions including database schema, database back-up & management, and performance tuning.
- Research and develop solutions to ensure the scalability of our data infrastructure.
- Ship internal but also customer-facing features.
- Regularly ship a variety of data products from data infrastructure to the productionalisation of Machine Learning models.
- Iterating on solutions based on internal and external feedback.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience building high scale, high-reliability end-to-end data solutions and pipelines
- Experience putting models into production
- Strong data architecture skills
- Experience gathering and consolidating data from external sources
- Experience with sparse data environments
- Solid development experience with Python or Golang
- Advanced SQL skills
- Expert knowledge of analytics databases such as Redshift
- Extreme attention to detail and quality-orientated
- AWS experience
- Good knowledge of UNIX and bash
- Experience with Spark and Hadoop (bonus)
- Good understanding of Data Science (bonus)
- Experience with PyTorch and/or TensorFlow (bonus)
- Experience with weak supervision and other novel approaches to sparse data problems (bonus)
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Monthly DICE credit to spend on your favourite gigs!
- Private healthcare, provided by Vitality
- Mental health and wellbeing programme with free coaching and CBT
- Free breakfast every day
- Childcare scheme, provided by TEDSgroup
- Regular socials, Summer Fridays and company teams and clubs