Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
About the team
You will contribute to our global Sales team by acquiring new customers, uncovering market opportunities, and getting the market talking about Dialpad! The global Sales team is made up of Sales Development, Channel, Enablement, SMB, MidMarket, and Enterprise teams—all teeming with unbridled passion and grit. Our reps help businesses solve complex, communications problems felt by everyone around the world.
As a Mid-Market Account Executive, you are a key part of the Dialpad Sales organization, uncovering, managing, and converting 100-1000 employee businesses to excited customers!
This position reports to our ANZ Director and is based in our Sydney Australia office.
What you’ll do [i,e., Responsibilities]
In your first 30 days:
- You’ll work closely with our Sales Enablement team to get up to speed on our products, space, sales motions, and GTM strategy during your first three weeks.
- You’ll engage with supporting departments (ex. Deal Desk, Professional Services, Sales Engineering, etc) to learn how they interact with Sales and impact your ability to be successful in your role
- You’ll work with your Manager to identify the appropriate metrics that you’ll be held accountable for
- You’ll jump into and familiarize yourself with Dialpad’s tech stack and understand how to properly utilize the many tools available to you during your prospecting and deal management (i.e. Outreach, SFDC, ZoomInfo)
- Your manager will provide you with the relevant tools and guidance to begin building your territory plan to begin prospecting/building pipeline
- You’ll begin making your first calls with the expectation to schedule your first New Logo discovery call one week following your onboarding training (approx. 4 weeks)
- You’ll meet regularly with your mentor/buddy who is a veteran AE to model what success looks like and what it takes to be a top performer
In your first 60 days:
- You’ll develop a dynamic understanding of the key competitors in the space so that you can create unique talking points to impact initial deals
- You’ll gain granular insight into our key differentiators so that you can hold meaningful conversations with potential clients
- We’ll get you up to speed on our Sales Methodology and the proper steps in execution so you maintain the highest level of conversion in your deals
- Gain full understanding of our pricing model so you can adequately quote and deliver proposals to prospective customers
- You’ll develop your SFDC hygiene and fully grasp the key components of managing your opportunities
By 90 days:
- Master the ability to deliver relevant, timely, and effective qualification discussions to define the metrics and compelling events of prospects
- Develop more autonomy in your deal management and delivery of sales demonstrations
- Work cross-functionally with your SDR and Channel partners to expand your reach into accounts with the intention of sourcing deals through all avenues
- Partner with Sales Engineers to drive technical demonstrations and deal momentum
At 120 days, you will be fully expected to maintain 4X your pipeline coverage and are actively closing deals on a monthly basis
Skills you’ll bring [i,e., Qualifications]
- 3~5+ years of sales experience in Software
- Strong ability to build own sales pipeline - you love managing a full sales cycle - prospect to close, you do it all
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, possessing the ability to maintain control of communication length and direction and articulate under pressure
- Brings a strong work ethic; takes the initiative and think creatively to get the job done
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in MEDDPICC sales methodology preferred
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Dialpad Benefits and Perks
EQUITY, BALANCE, AND BELONGING
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
COMPENSATION & EQUITY
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
BENEFITS, TIME-OFF & WELLNESS
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer flexible time off. Along with that, employees also receive a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone bill, home office equipment, gym membership costs, a variety of wellness events, and more!
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.