Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
The Web Engineering team is focused on our highly visible and impactful marketing website. As a member of the web engineering team you’ll work closely with our designers, content creators, SEO and conversion optimization teams to build out our global web presence. You’ll have a hand in building out a world class web experience for prospective customers to learn about our company and start their experience as a Dialpad customer.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- As Dialpad’s newest web developer you’ll have made a direct impact on our web presence with your first set of updates, changes and enhancements
- This all starts with your onboarding, learning the tools we use, setting up your environment and getting familiar with the code base
- You will also spend time becoming familiar with our Dialpad website, help center, landing pages, international sites and personalizations
- You’ll get your feet wet by working on a handful of tasks or small features that let you experience the entire process of working with team members
- You will being analyzing the Dialpad web properties for search rankings and areas for improved search performance
In your first 60 days:
- You will start working closely with our SEO team to identify technical issues and opportunities
- You will start working with the web design team to ensure consistent standards of SEO across all designs
- You will prepare and execute on-page optimization strategies to improve organic visibility
- You will be regularly taking on tasks ranging from front end visual enhancements to building our new pages and sections of the website
- You will play a part in maintaining our web properties including performing regular maintenance, applying updates and fixes
- You will deliver exceptional customer service by resolving urgent requests and responding to requests for help
By 90 days:
- You will lead and execute SEO strategies for all Dialpad web properties
- You’ll be our go-to expert for all questions and SEO related inquiries
- You’ll have become fully immersed in the different Dialpad web properties and are able to address questions, make fixes or tackle new projects as they arise
- You will start developing processes to ensure the team is building well optimized and properly structured web pages, optimizing images, adding analytics tracking, focusing on quick load times and website usability
- You will update marketing stakeholders and team members on SEO standards and changes
Who you are
You’re a Senior Web Developer who will help us design, develop and optimize the next generation of features for the Dialpad website. You have a wealth of prior experience optimizing web pages, solving SEO-related issues related to coding and site performance, and ensuring web pages and website structures are in line with SEO best practices. You have an excellent analytical and technical aptitude with proven ability to solve complex problems and have an ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.. Additionally, you’ve worked on large projects with multiple cross functional teams where you regularly contribute ideas to meet business objectives. You will play a critical part in defining and building our website, while working closely with a team of designers, product managers and other engineers.
Skills and Qualities:
- Senior web developer with 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience primarily focusing on search optimization preferred
- Intermediate understanding of PHP or other backend languages
- Prior experience optimizing website designs, layout, and code for search
- Extensive knowledge of webmaster/SEO tools such as Google Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, Screaming Frog, SEMrush and the like
- Experience using hreflang tagging and/or sitemaps
- Strong understanding of how to optimize for Core Web Vitals and other major Google algorithm updates
- Advanced knowledge of website design principle and their SEO implication
- Experience working directly with SEO teams and executing related tasks
- Perform technical audits and create a roadmap to improve overall SEO performance
- Experience optimizing sites for different locales and languages
- Researching the latest SEO guidelines and implementing them
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Understand conversion rate optimization tactics
- A working knowledge of Schema markup and Rich Snippets
- CMS experience (Wordpress, Drupal, Craft, etc)
- Certification in SEO or Google Analytics is beneficial
- Strong communication skills
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.