Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
Our People. Our Culture
At Dialpad, we believe that when the right people come together, anything is possible. We’ve created an incredible, passionate, and welcoming culture that truly makes Dialpad an amazing place to work. We also place equity, balance, and belonging at the heart of everything we do.
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for anywhere workers—we are anywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore to support our hybrid workers, and remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their different perspectives and contributions.
Join The Movement
After founding Google Voice and radically transforming consumer communications, our founders set out to completely transform the way the world works together. With over $2B in valuation and funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
The Web Client Delivery team’s mission is to Provide the foundation through which web-based client applications at Dialpad can be stable, secure and lightweight. Additionally, they provide teams with the tooling and services that enable flexible deployment/distribution and easy debugging by developers
Some of the work you’ll be involved with on the web client delivery team includes:
- Identifying and exposing meaningful app level metrics and telemetry data so other teams can execute on observability goals
- Build out and maintain a CI/CD pipeline that allows teams to easily control distribution of their applications
- Build out and maintain a framework for running native desktop versions of our applications.
- Coordinating with SecOps on security auditing and compliance of native desktop applications.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Complete our new engineer onboarding
- Ship a new feature or bugfix to production.
- Expose a new metric for teams to use
- Participate in task estimation
In your first 60 days:
- Add documentation to communicate best practices to the rest of the team.
- Resolve some outstanding technical debt within our legacy application code.
- Writing a github action to fulfill a portion of our CI/CD pipeline
- Start breaking down tasks for estimation by the team
By 90 days:
- Brainstorm ideas for new tooling to make maintaining the Dialpad web application easier.
- Contribute to higher level planning and project coordination
- Discover new ways to provide better insight through data in our applications.
- Explore new and exciting tech by developing a proof of concept
- Help push forward client delivery initiatives that benefit other many teams across multiple orgs.
Who you are
We’re looking for talented engineers who are passionate about front end web technologies and the ways we can make our apps better. While we don’t expect you to tick every one of these boxes, we’d love to hear from you if some if the following resonates with you:
- You get excited learning about the latest web standards and front-end frameworks.
- You are familiar with CI/CD pipelines and the benefits that they provide
- You’re highly experienced building large Progressive Web Applications using web technologies
- You’re passionate about metrics and know what data is beneficial when provided
- You’re experienced working across teams to implement successful processes and tooling.
- You’re familiar with frameworks that wrap web applications for native desktop use such as Electron or Tauri.
- You’re familiar with popular open-source projects and maybe even been a contributor.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive rates in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.