Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
Our People. Our Culture
At Dialpad, we believe that when the right people come together, anything is possible. We’ve created an incredible, passionate, and welcoming culture that truly makes Dialpad an amazing place to work. We also place equity, balance, and belonging at the heart of everything we do.
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for anywhere workers—we are anywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore to support our hybrid workers, and remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their different perspectives and contributions.
Join The Movement
After founding Google Voice and radically transforming consumer communications, our founders set out to completely transform the way the world works together. With over $2B in valuation and funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Our Data Analysis team works alongside the Data Annotation team to support the Ai teams, working on projects on cutting-edge Automatic Speech Recognition(ASR), Natural Language Processing(NLP) and Computer Vision(CV). The Data Analysis team takes care of the complex business and product logic as well as making sure the data follows our security and privacy standards letting our applied scientists focus on model development. We also build data pipelines and infrastructure and adopt software engineering best practices.
- We are responsible for developing a customer-facing BI product which offers data insights to our customers.
- We are a group of engineers who enjoy writing reports to tell the stories behind the data, which often spin up new data science ideas and help businesses to make better decisions.
The analysis you will be asked to do will be like nothing you have ever done before! These are some actual questions that the team has investigated recently:
- How much more effective are customer support agents in organizations that have enabled our Ai features?
- Can we identify existing customers who might be willing to be beta testers for our new Spanish speech recognition?
- What are some improvements we could make to our Australian English speech recognition?
- Why do our metrics show that Australian English speakers are both happier and more frustrated?
- Using customer ratings of our transcripts, can we identify USA regions that we should focus on improving?
- How often do customers call a call centre and then call again with the same issue?
- Does the amount of time a customer is put on hold affect their rating of the customer service experience?
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- You will be onboarded and introduced to our Ai teams, meeting our talented applied scientists, ASR engineers and data engineers.
- You will get familiar with our in-house tools and tech stacks, including Git, BigQuery, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform(GCP), Looker, Amplitude, DOMO
- You will get familiar with the data infrastructure and the database in Ai teams
- By the end of your first month, you will have resolved one ticket for Ai team’s data need
In your first 60 days:
- You will learn more about Dialpad’s product and business concepts/logic and be able to answer questions using SQL query
- You will have good understanding of how the ASR, NLP models work and what their development lifecycles look like
- You will have built one ETL pipeline for data science development
- You will have started maintaining our data analytic infrastructure and pipelines
- You will have submitted a PR on our repo and made updates to our BI product
By 90 days:
- You will have done a knowledge-sharing session for the awesome analysis you did
- You will be the go-to person for answering questions about data science data and product data
- You will have taken on ownership of one project and been responsible for the whole project lifecycle
- You will have built relationships with people across departments in Dialpad, from Ai, product engineering to marketing, PM, legal and security team
- You will have started reviewing your peer's work and giving constructive feedback
- You will have identified one area of improvement(automation/data infrastructure) and come up with a long term plan
Who you are
You have an analytical mind and are not scared by the complex product logic and unstructured data from multiple sources. You are passionate about telling stories behind the data, whether it’s structured data or unstructured data like text and audio. You know statistics well and can design experiments to validate your hypothesis. You enjoy solving SQL puzzles and won’t stop optimizing your queries.
You communicate well verbally and visually(via data visualization). You can understand a complex technical term and explain it to both technical and non-technical audiences. You work with multi-disciplinary teams and won’t shy away from reaching out to other departments. You have experience coaching junior engineers.
You enjoy doing data analysis and experiments and also have experience doing them in a rigorous way by building ETL pipelines and adopting version control, documentation and CI/CD practices. You take data security and privacy very seriously and always take measures to protect the data you work with.
You are a lifelong learner, you are always finding new ways to solve problems and adopting new tools to optimize the work.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.