Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
Dialpad’s Product Engineering organization is responsible for building and maintaining the customer-facing features at scale across all of our cloud native products and services: Talk, Contact Center, Sales Dialer, Video Conferencing, and Voice Intelligence.
Every day, millions of people across the world use our technology for communicating effectively and efficiently. Product Engineering teams focus on areas such as billing, growth, search & analytics, core platform, frontend & backend infrastructure, developer and partner ecosystem & integrations and more.
As an engineer on the Engineering Productivity team, your goal is to build solutions that maximize productivity and happiness across Dialpad’s internal engineering organization. The team measures engineering overhead and prioritizes projects that will put the biggest dent in overhead for the least cost. You’ll jump in where the team is needed most to build tooling, features, processes, and metrics that aid productivity. It’s all about making it easy for engineers to do their best quality work efficiently.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Meet your manager and onboarding buddy who will help you ramp up.
- Get to know a highly communicative and collaborative engineering team .
- Complete the comprehensive engineering onboarding program (including training videos and documentation on the codebase).
- Work on starter projects to get comfortable working with the Dialpad codebase. Starter projects are done across all teams, and will help ramp you up on all aspects including: frontend, backend, and architecture.
In your first 6 months:
- You’ll begin working on impactful and educational starter projects within the engineering productivity team. For example: tooling to automate engineering onboarding.
- You’ll receive mentorship and code reviews from your peers to help you ramp up on engineering at Dialpad.
After 6 months:
- You’ll have a deeper understanding of how engineering works at Dialpad so that you can work on more complex and challenging projects.
- You’ll work not just on tooling, but features within the product engineering codebase that make it easier for engineers to do their job well. For example: libraries to make fixture-based unit testing easy to do and education on how to do it.
One year and beyond:
- You’ll learn how to do code reviews and mentor other engineers in your team and beyond.
- You’ll help the team measure engineering overhead and build solutions that make all engineers more efficient.
- You’ll work closely with engineers across the organization to eliminate their biggest pain points.
Who you are
You’re the type of engineer who recognizes that investment in workflow optimization leads to exponential long term gains, and you love doing it. You’re motivated by eliminating pain points for your peers and making them happier, more productive engineers.
We don’t require a specific number of years of experience, but we are looking for experienced engineers who have worked across a wide variety of codebases and engineering teams. It’s important that you’ve seen productivity pitfalls before and know where to start solving them.
Our tech stack
- Google Cloud Platform
- Elastic Search
- VueJS (single page application)
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.