Dialpad is where work comes together—one, beautiful workspace for anywhere communication & collaboration. With the industry’s most innovative business phone system, unlimited text and team messaging, one-click video meetings, and the world’s most advanced AI Contact Center—Dialpad is completely transforming how the world works together.
Our People. Our Culture
At Dialpad, we believe that when the right people come together, anything is possible. We’ve created an incredible, passionate, and welcoming culture that truly makes Dialpad an amazing place to work. We also place equity, balance, and belonging at the heart of everything we do.
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for anywhere workers—we are anywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore to support our hybrid workers, and remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their different perspectives and contributions.
Join The Movement
After founding Google Voice and radically transforming consumer communications, our founders set out to completely transform the way the world works together. With over $2B in valuation and funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
What you will achieve
In your first 2 months:
- Acclimate yourself with the Dialpad Code base through a well practiced onboarding process
- Start contributing with a starter project to learn the ins and outs of the Code Base
- Work collectively with your peers and managers to answer any questions you might have during your initial month
In your first 6 months:
- Join a Shared Devices project and contribute meaningful code that will be reviewed by your peers
- Iterate through extensive CR’s to learn the ins and outs of the Dialpad code base
- Join in on working with QA to write complete unit tests and deliver fully tested code
After 6 months:
- Become a fully functional member of the Shared Devices team
- Own your workload and jira’s with clear communication and documentation aimed towards both Weekly and Quarterly goals
- Start becoming an Expert in your area of focus as someone people come to with questions
- Become a supplementary code reviewer
One year and beyond:
- You’ll be a go-to code reviewer for the Shared Devices team
- Contribute towards architecture and roadmap planning both in project maintenance and new features
Who you are
You have the skill set to become a productive member of any Engineering team utilizing your full stack abilities. You have the ability to pick up and learn languages and code bases without getting flustered and will ask questions instead of waiting to be prompted. You have deep knowledge in some of the key tech stack areas outlined below, but you also have the willingness to delve into ones that are new.
You will work closely with peers, Design, and Product to maximize your skills and the teams. In doing so you will have the opportunity to not be siloed to a specific tech stack, but be a contributing member to many.
- Google Cloud Platform
Nice to haves:
- Doing Design mocks
- Real Time Media experience
- Performance Tuning
- Experience with SIP
- Working with Conference Devices
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive rates in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.