As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Our Data Annotation and Testing team supports the Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Processing teams—providing them with the high-quality data they need to train their models.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- You'll develop a firm understanding of the types of conversations being had across the Dialpad suite of products.
- You will be comfortable working with Dialpad's internal transcription platform.
- You will collaborate with your colleagues and the Automatic Speech Recognition team to gain an understanding of their data needs and areas of difficulty in the past.
- You will have a working knowledge of the transcription conventions and tags used by Dialpad.
- You will have working knowledge of the various datasets used by the Automatic Speech Recognition team including their unique characteristics.
- You will have completed ~20 audio hours of transcription.
- By the end of your first month, you’ll understand the tools required to perform transcription and the team for which you will be providing high quality transcripts.
In your first 60 days:
- You’ll continue providing high quality transcription for a variety of different types of audio including speakers of British and Australian English.
- You will be able to provide feedback on the Dialpad internal transcription platform in order to improve the ease of use, speed and/or quality of transcription.
- You will collaborate with the Automatic Speech Recognition team in order to implement any feedback you have provided them about internal tooling.
- You will have expert-level knowledge of the transcription conventions and tags used by Dialpad and understand the reasons behind their usage.
- You will have expert-level knowledge of the various datasets used by the Automatic Speech Recognition team including their unique characteristics and their metadata.
- You will have excellent knowledge of the unique terminology present in Dialpad audio.
- You will know where to look for additional information related to the audio you are transcribing.
By 90 days:
- You’ll continue providing high quality transcription for a variety of different types of audio.
- You’ll have a firm understanding of the metrics your transcriptions are used to calculate.
- You will be able to provide feedback on the transcription process and conventions to improve your work.
- You will be able to provide feedback on junior transcribers work as well as provide training for them as needed.
Who you are
You are a native-level speaker of English located in the United States or Canada. You have solid experience transcribing business and/or phone call audio. You are detail oriented and able to easily follow conversations with multiple participants. You are comfortable performing transcription on even the most difficult types of audio, including quiet speakers, jargon-filled speech and different English dialects and accents. You are familiar with business terminology and skilled at performing research to identify any specialized words or phrases present in the audio you are transcribing. You are an expert at using context to inform the contents of your transcripts. You enjoy collaborating with diverse teams and are able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members. If you’re a native-level speaker in other languages as well, please let us know as we will be expanding our language offerings.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive rates.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.