As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Our Data team gathers insights from oodles of data using their innate curiosity and technical prowess—informing future products and helping our customers. You’ll work with a variety of teams across the company to provide counsel and recommendations on how to best drive forward global initiatives.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Understand the data ecosystem that exists
- Develop a thorough understanding of the tech stacks powering Dialpad's own product (various GCP apps), our CRM (Salesforce), marketing automation tools (Marketo & others), data warehouse (BigQuery), our data workload automation system (airflow, github), and the tools we use for understanding detailed usage of the product and the website (Amplitude)
- Connect with leaders in all other departments and familiarize yourself with their roles and data needs, as well as current priorities and strategy
- Develop a thorough understanding of the responsibilities and processes of all Analytics team members
- Get oriented on all outstanding Analytics team deliverables and assume or delegate project leadership on each
- Begin outlining needed additions to Dialpad's data dictionary
In your first 60 days:
- Oversee completion of all analytics project in flight as of your start date
- Reassess stakeholder department needs with leaders and outline incremental improvements
- Outline and oversee a new project to ingest and federate select data from Amplitude in the data warehouse
- Continue building Dialpad's data dictionary and defining any new features needed to help users find, understand, and adopt official reporting and analysis into their management of their respective departments
By 90 days:
- Engage leaders in strategic planning to make incremental changes.
- Make recommendations on areas of investment, people focus, new analytics needs.
- Begin to augment existing processes, data pipelines, and analytics.
- Align on future vision for the team and begin to execute to get there.
Who you are
You are a highly analytical, focused, and accountable individual who has a track record of overcoming major obstacles in analytics. You can create strong foundations for analytics across an enterprise, applying your knowledge and experience in data governance, building and configuring tech stacks, and a wide range of analytics.
You take a high level of ownership for the work expected of your team and you stand behind the quality of the analytics your team produces. You place a high value on accuracy and business continuity, prioritizing the most business-critical work over all else when the need arises.
You are comfortable with being accountable for the accuracy of business performance metrics, even as the business constantly changes, and supporting a financial close process for monthly and quarterly reporting.
You also possess a high level of business acumen and have experience working with executive stakeholders in finance, marketing, sales, and a variety of other functions. This helps you to gather requirements from your stakeholders and prioritize the analytics work that will have the greatest positive impact for your partners.
Your Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent skill and experience with Python
- Highly proficient and experienced in SQL, with a long track record of building successful mission-critical data architecture and pipelines (BigQuery experience preferred)
- Experience automating data workloads with tools such as Airflow, Prefect, dbt, or similar
- Experience using version control for data operations
- Experience working with virtualization technologies including VMs and containers (Kubernetes experience a plus)
- Experience using and maintaining an integrated customer activity tracking platform such as Amplitude, Adobe Analytics, or similar
- Several years experience as a leader of people in an analytics function
- Experience performing or leading analytics in a SaaS or other subscription-based revenue model business
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS metrics such as LTV, ACV, ARR, and others
- Strong knowledge of data governance and experience in successfully applying a governance framework in an enterprise setting
- Solid understanding of the functions of partner departments such as marketing, finance, sales, and software development
- Knowledge of and experience applying machine learning and other models to provide insight to stakeholders as well as to inform product features or business processes
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.