As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
The Product Engineering, Contact Center team builds features of our cloud native contact center to give our SMB and enterprise customers the best and easiest experience for their customers. This full stack development team builds workflow features that enable contact center managers to configure functions in a way that is just right for their team, and provides key functionalities ranging from call dispositions, scorecards, coaching, task assignment, CSAT, screen capture, and more. The Contact Center team also works closely with other Product Engineering teams such as Analytics, Integrations, Billing, Call Features, and Voice Intelligence to ensure great end-to-end user experience.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Set up your development environment
- Get to know a highly communicative and collaborative engineering team
- Complete the engineering onboarding program, including training videos and documentation
- Begin to get ramped up through hands-on starter projects such as building tooling, bugfixing, and developing a small feature in Talk, Contact Center, or Platform as part of gaining exposure to the work and members of other teams
- Paired with a mentor to learn and ask questions
- Participate in standups to get to know your team and what they are working on
In your first 60 days:
- Start implementing medium Contact Center features
- Receive mentorship and code reviews from your peers who love to work together, talk through projects, and help each other overcome roadblocks.
By 90 days:
- Develop a deeper understanding of Contact Center concepts and the codebase
- Build features and gain more exposure to increasingly complex projects
- Work across team boundaries to actively to our shared component library used by all product engineers
- Contribute input on what the focus should be for upcoming stability/tech debt work
- Help mentor more engineers!
Who you are
As an experienced full stack engineer, you will own significant user-facing features that directly drive the experience of Dialpad’s contact centre manager and agent users. Whether you bring a background of frontend, backend, or other engineering experience, you are a champion for customer experience and are driven to build features that are easy to use, maintain, and make our customers’ lives easier.
As part of the Contact Center team, you will have the opportunity to innovate with engineers, designers, and product managers on new features that continue to set us apart from legacy on-prem contact centers. You are also glad to provide input to make the development process better for the team and entire engineering organization.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated professional web application development experience: designing, building, launching, and maintaining
- Experience working cross-functionally with partners from product and design
- Mindset of continuous learning, eager to solve problems and adapt in a dynamic space
Our Tech Stack: Python backend on Google App Engine / Google Cloud Platform, Vue.js/vuex frontend
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive rates.
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of
inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.