As the only truly unified cloud communications platform that integrates both UCaaS and CCaaS (contact center), Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence technology is embedded in every call to transcribe conversations, capture action items, provide coaching, analyze sentiment, and more—in real time.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. And we don’t just build products for everywhere workers—we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce, where each individual is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
UberConference and Integrations teams are part of our Product Engineering Group. The Product Engineering team in Bangalore builds the Conferencing product end to end and carries out Intelligent workflow integrations of Dialpad with business applications like Salesforce, Slack, Servicenow, Okta etc. We are looking to grow these teams. As an engineer at Dialpad, you will work with a close-knit product engineering team and technical lead. Our teams are cross disciplinary, and include Product Managers, Designers, QA, and other Engineers (Data Engineering, Data Science, Telephony).
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining communication capabilities and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- You’ll work closely with the Engineering Manager, Mentor and peer team members to get up to speed on Dialpad product overview, features, setting up the development environment, development process, etc…
- You’ll complete the Product onboarding exam to get all the required access for code submissions and deployments
- You’ll start on some of the small improvements and starter project to get comfortable with the code flow and the development process
- By end of first month, you’ll be familiar with all the stakeholders you will be working with on a day-to-day basis, and also with the development process end to end
In your first 60 days:
- You’ll continue on the starter project and also be involved in some technical debt which will help you go the breadth and depth of some of the product features
- You’ll work closely with the tech lead and senior developers within the team on the design and approaches
- You’ll start providing the estimates, task breakups, and timelines for any activity taken up
- You’ll start contributing in fixing any issues(product defect, regressions, improvement, etc..) which gets reported
- You’ll start giving the work status in the daily stand up meetings and to the product manager
By 90 days:
- You’ll start contributing towards OKRs which will have a business impact from the product strategy point.
- You’ll provide the detailed plan for the committed OKRs and ensure you are going on the right track from implementation and also from timeline perspective.
- You’ll start having cross functional collaboration with other product teams based on the OKR you are working to ensure larger objective of the OKR is met
- You’ll ensure highest code quality and feature quality is achieved through code reviews, unit tests, performance benchmarks, etc...
- You’ll work closely with the UX design team, Product Management team and QA team to ensure the OKR is being delivered as per the defined requirement and scope, and get clarity wherever there is ambiguity
- You’ll start helping the team with the on-call issues, and understand the process of Beta and prod deployments to be ready for product on-call rotation
Who you are
Software Engineer with prior experience of 4+ years who can scale to work closely with stakeholders independently or with minimal guidance. You love to develop easy-to-use, scalable, robust, high volume interactive client/server applications. You are passionate to work in a team which owns the full product development, operates with autonomy, makes quicker decisions with faster delivery cycles. You aspire to gain expertise in the full-stack development lifecycle.
On the back-end side, you are excited to work with Python and go deeper in Google App Engine, Cloud Datastore (NoSQL database), Memcache (distributed cache), Analysis with BigQuery and finally debug with StackDriver. You explore the latest trends in WebRTC and VideoConferencing areas to bring in differentiating capabilities to the product.
You love the fact that product engineering is never about doing things in silo. You thrive in a team with different skill-sets like designers, product managers, and your peer engineers.
You would love to hear about our policy: with fewer organized meetings, engineers have more time to code. You also love to work in a fast paced environment where you would launch new code weekly with our fast release cycles. You always believe in Improving performance to handle rapid increase in user base and use-cases. You are high on delivery of quality code by writing backend and frontend unit tests. You know how important it is to monitor and service the product and would love to work in Datadog.
As you gain expertise and trust, you know you have to make an impact beyond delivering features. You would love to be part of on-call responsibilities, Production deployments, new ideation, etc...
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
Stay healthy and happy! All employees will be covered with medical insurance along with up to five dependent members of the family. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Meals & Transportation
Use a prepaid card to pay for the commute to the office and enjoy meals, snacks, and drinks on us.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.