As the leading AI-powered cloud communications platform, Dialpad is on a mission to prove that employees don’t need to be in the office, stuck at a desk, or wearing pants to be 110% effective at their job. Our patented Voice Intelligence is embedded in every call to capture action items, provide coaching, take notes, analyze sentiment, and more in real time—setting us apart from the competition.
Essentially, our products make it easy to have productive business communication over calls, video conferencing, and chat from anywhere and on any device. With 90% of businesses still using desk phones for their contact centers, sales teams, and internal communication, we have a massive opportunity to grow and shape the future of work.
Who we are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We don’t just build products for everywhere workers, we are everywhere workers. With offices in the Bay Area, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Bangalore, along with remote workers around the world, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, where each person is welcomed and valued for their personhood and contribution.
With a $1.2 billion valuation and over $250 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures, and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top talent from leading tech companies, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to collaborate and be productive from anywhere.
The Mobile Engineering team is focused on building our native iOS and Android apps that enable teams to seamlessly work from anywhere. As a member of the Mobile Engineering team, you will build the products and features that will define the future of work and business communications. Our engineers are given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results.
What you will achieve
In your first 30 days:
- Complete onboarding and get your development environment set up
- Start to develop expertise in Dialpad’s products and customers
- Get to know the Mobile Engineering team and learn internal team processes and documentation procedures
- Get to know the greater Engineering team and build strong working relationships with counterparts in Product and Design
- Begin participating in standups and retros for your team as well as sync meetings for projects as you familiarise yourself with our products and our development processes
- By the end of your first month, you will be working on bug fixes, code refactoring, and feature development
In your first 6 months:
- Identify gaps and issues in the product and actively develop and track solutions
- Work closely with Product to make sure what is being built and delivered aligns with requirements and the product roadmap
- Investigate and fix complex bugs and issues
- Deliver increasingly complex features and product improvements
- Work on refactoring code and decreasing technical debt
- By the end of your first 6 months, you will have taken ownership of your product area and will own delivery of features
By 1 year:
- Keep up to date on new trends for mobile architecture, frameworks, and libraries and share knowledge with the team
- Make recommendations to the greater team on how to enhance our mobile products
- Provide input on product feature recommendations and architecture choices
- Work with engineering and product from across the organization to develop new features and improve existing ones
- By the end of your 1st year, you will be recognized as a subject matter expert and go to resource for your product area including architecture, managing technical debt, diagnosing and fixing bugs, and delivering on and enhancing product features
Who you are
You are a Mobile Engineer who has worked on native mobile apps. You have a passion for building apps that have clean, maintainable, and scalable coding and architecture. You have a solid understanding of mobile software development principles and like to explore and research different architectures, frameworks, and libraries. You have worked cross functionally with teams across Product, Design, and Engineering with a focus on building stable, scalable apps.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.