Dialpad is a cloud-based business phone system that turns conversations into opportunities and enables global teams to make smarter calls--anywhere, anytime. All products are powered by Voice Intelligence, Dialpad's proprietary technology that helps companies unlock conversation insights, improve productivity and drive better performance across teams.
Who we are
At Dialpad, we're a team of doers. Founded by the creators of Google Voice, our team focuses on personal excellence, high-quality execution and building best-in-class software. We like to think outside the box... and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo, and that’s reflected in everything we build.
With $220 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s, Dialpad attracts top talent from iconic companies like Microsoft and Google as well as powerhouse startups like Hootsuite, Weebly and Anaplan. Every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that combine design and mobility-- while also working with you whenever productivity strikes.
About the role:
We’re seeking a Business Development Representative who can leverage their skills to uncover and develop new opportunities across Australia. The ideal candidate for this individual contributor role will thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Demonstrated success in exceeding sales objectives, knowing how to navigate organisations with multiple decision makers and having a love for the thrill of the hunt is a recipe for success in this role!
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel Dialpad’s Pipeline and growth
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Outbound prospect to companies via cold calling, email, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Work to have a variety of touches (Call, Email, Social, etc.) on all leads in your assigned territory
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Dialpad’s products
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Opportunities Created
- Conduct high-level discovery and conversations with Senior Executives in Target Accounts
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; a team player
- Previous experience in Sales Development, Operations, Marketing and/or Sales
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organizational structure
- Competitive personality with a desire to grow and win
- Passionate about technology and business
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn
- Cold-calling experience preferred
- 0-1+ years work experience in a professional environment (internship/work study experience counts!)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, footy, comic books, country music, table tennis - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There’s no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognise that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Location, Location, Location
Sydney <> San Francisco <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Tokyo <> Austin <> San Jose. From coast to coast, our global offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.