Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conference calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With over $220 million in funding from OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, GV, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere!
About The Role
As a Sales Engineer at Dialpad, you will be part of the Sales organization and play a huge role in providing innovative and deal driving customer solutions. You will partner with Sales Account Executives to win and close major deals that will have a large impact on Dialpad's overall success.
You naturally excel at building relationships with new customers by understanding our products and gaining a thorough projection of what our customers want to do while they implement our product(s). You’ll partner with Sales, Support, Product, and Engineering with the end goal of creating a flawless and delightful experience for our new customers.
- Partner with marketing, product and engineering teams to collaborate with sales reps during pre-sales to handle technical questions from prospects
- Partner with Implementation Manager to be the Technical Resource in Proof of Concept managed trials and production Deployment projects
- Provide pre and post-implementation support and provide post-sales follow-up, onsite/remote technical training, onsite/remote troubleshooting, and other technical needs
- Acts as an escalation point for the Tier 2 - Customer Support Representatives to coordinate with internal resources such as engineering and product in diagnosing and ultimately resolving client issues
- Work with partners to ensure best practices are being shared and followed
- Subject Matter Expert - Cloud Telephony, Video Collaboration, Networks & Security
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Strong communication skills in Japanese
- Based in Tokyo, Japan
- Understanding of modern cloud business platforms like Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of software components involved in enterprise service delivery (web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network-attached storage, and other related technologies)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Implementation Managers on complex site deployments.
- 3-5 years customer-facing experience working as either as Solution Architect, Sales Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Solutions Consultant or similar roles
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively and balance multiple, disparate work streams
- Obsession with finding the root cause of the problem not just the immediate solution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Experience presenting & building relationships from C-Suite to IT Operations
Bonus Points (Preferred skills and knowledge)
- Experience with Business VoIP Telephony Services (On-Premise or SaaS)
- Experience with Contact Center Services and Applications (CCaaS)
- Experience troubleshooting network and application-level issues across multiple platforms
- Understanding and Experience with the following VoIP CODECs and technologies (G.711, G.729, G.722, OPUS, H.264, VP8, VP9, WebRTC, H.323, SIP, Network Analyzers)
- Understanding and Experience with Network Infrastructure (Firewalls, Routers, Switches & Wireless)
- Understanding of WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPLS & SD-WAN)
- Understanding of Data Center Technologies (Public & Private Clouds)
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore <> Sydney. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.