Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conference calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With over $220 million in funding from OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, GV, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere!
About the Role:
The machine learning team is responsible for building all the models used to deliver our Voice Intelligence AI technology. We are looking for a Data Analyst who will support our Data Science, Speech Recognition, and Data Engineering teams to help deliver valuable insights to customers. The ideal person has excellent critical thinking skills, attention to detail, can handle large data sets, and can work in the gap between business stakeholders and speech/language scientists.
The data analyst will work closely with the Speech and Natural Language Processing teams to do insightful analysis across huge collections of conversations to help identify trends in our transcriptions, how we can reduce the bias in our ASR systems, and other areas where we can improve our transcription and customer experience.
The work is a mix of data exploration, hypothesis testing, database administration, data analysis, and business intelligence. Ideally, you have experience manipulating large data sets, have some knowledge of machine learning practices and data requirements, and are comfortable operating in an agile environment. If you're inspired by innovation and you like working with a smart, talented, generally awesome team, we'd love to hear from you!
- Ability and desire to deeply understand our users’ point of view
- Ability to work with scientists, linguists, and engineers to take and generate interesting questions and turn them into interesting stories told with data
- Given a use-case be able to recommend and source the required data independently
- Build and maintain views that simplify queries for the AI team
- Start with an ad hoc proof-of-concept (what does the data tell us about this question?) then turn it into a process that we can run on a regular basis
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar quantitative role.
- Excellent communicator and listener
- History of delivering impactful insights
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and research skills
- Flexible with regard to changing priorities & business needs.
- Advanced in SQL
- Sound statistical skills, ability to review experimental designs, and test for significance.
- Coursework in Mathematics and Statistics
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Python (or another scripting language) is a plus
- Expertise or experience in Linguistics, Natural Language Processing or Speech Recognition
- Experience with B2B sales and support scenarios
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.