Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conference calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With over $220 million in funding from OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, GV, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere!
About The Role
The integrations team is part of our Product Engineering team. This team builds intelligent workflow integrations of Dialpad with business applications like Salesforce, Slack, ServiceNow, Okta, and many more. We are looking to hire a leader to manage and grow this team.
As an Engineering Manager of the integrations team at Dialpad, you will work with a close-knit cross disciplinary team of Product Managers, Designers, QA, and other Engineers (Data Engineering, Data Science, Telephony).
- Experience to manage teams that develop easy-to-use, scalable, robust, high volume interactive web applications
- Be a highly technical, hands-on manager for a team of 12-15 full-stack engineers
- Supply technical leadership and project management for the entire software development life-cycle
- Work with Google Cloud
- Work with VP Engg/CTO to define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time
- Interface with designers, product managers, and engineers (our policy: with fewer organized meetings, engineers have more time to code)
- Launch new code weekly with our fast release cycles
- Improve performance to handle the rapid increase in user base and new integrations
- Ensuring that key milestones are met and that solutions delivered are of the highest quality possible
- Own and drive technical discussions and have a strategic tech influence
- Responsible for hiring and skills management for the team.
- Perform well in a fluid environment, fast-paced environment.
- Working with teams based in multiple locations and different time zones.
Traits we’ll look for in you
When it comes to your background, we are extremely flexible with industry experience and the technologies you have worked with in the past.
- 12-15 years of professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineers and process
- Hands-on development experience
- Proven experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, and experience in performance management
- Ability to motivate excellent code quality
- Compelling interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent English - Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Experience and ability to bring in software engineering life cycle best practices.
- Experience building server-side APIs
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Experience building dynamic/single-page applications
- BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
We offer paytm wallet for your food
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.