Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conference calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With over $220 million in funding from OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, GV, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere!
About The Role
The Sales Engineering leader we are looking for has these traits: You are intelligent, you are a self starter, you enjoy developing people, and you love working with a smart, talented, generally awesome team of sales engineers. Reporting directly to our Director of Sales Engineering, our next Manager, will be an experienced leader with the ability to creatively motivate our SE Team to provide innovative and deal driving customer solutions and effectively partner with sales to win major deals that will have a large impact on Dialpad’s overall success.
You naturally excel at leading and building relationships with new customers and internal teams by understanding our products and gaining a thorough projection of what our customers want to do while they implement our product(s). You’ll partner with Sales, Support, Product, and Engineering with the end goal of creating a flawless and delightful experience for our new customers.
- Recruit, mentor and direct a team of high performing Sales Engineers across Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB sales teams
- Actively participate in the sales cycle to bring leadership and strategic support
- Create, experiment and implement new ways to educate and engage the team
- Analyze data and work with cross-functional counterparts to improve the product’s vision
- Coach and develop your team to develop future leaders for the organization
- Increase the effectiveness of tools and communication channels by recognizing opportunities for innovation and proactively implementing new systems and processes
- Be a hands-on, scrappy mentor who enthusiastically looks forward to coaching and developing the team
- Lead from the front - Be the example of what great looks like
- Excellent understanding of different modern cloud communications platforms like Google G-Suite and Office 365
- Experience with Business VoIP Telephony Services (On-Premise or SaaS)
- Experience troubleshooting network and application-level issues across multiple platforms
- Excellent Understanding and Experience with the following VoIP CODECs and technologies (G.711, G.729, G.722, OPUS, H.264, VP8, VP9, WebRTC, H.323, SIP, Network Analyzers)
- Excellent Understanding and Experience with Network Infrastructure (Firewalls, Routers, Switches & Wireless)
- Excellent Understanding of WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPLS & SD-WAN)
- Excellent understanding of Data Center Technologies (Public & Private Clouds)
- Excellent Understanding of software components involved in enterprise service delivery (web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network-attached storage, and other related technologies)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 8 years customer-facing experience working as either as Solution Architect, Sales Engineer, Implementation Engineer, Solutions Consultant or similar roles
- Minimum 2 years people management experience
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively and balance multiple, disparate work streams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Needs to possess a strong emotional intelligence and ability to inspire and develop direct reports
- Brings a strong work ethic; takes the initiative and thinks creatively to get the job done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Experience presenting & building relationships from C-Suite to IT Operations
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.