Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conference calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
Dialpad is seeking a Senior Product Designer who is passionate about helping to make communication better. Working with a strong team of Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers, this Designer will help us as we make Dialpad a best-in-class business communication tool.
A successful candidate will have an established background creating beautiful and intuitive customer-facing experiences. They utilize research to investigate problems and possible solutions. They design appropriate solutions, clearly articulating those decisions with their teams, and lead product discussions with their product manager and engineering counterparts. They possess strong communication skills—both synchronous and asynchronous. They are able to operate independently and proactively.
**All applications must have a portfolio attached or URL provided to be considered.**
In this role you will
- Build an understanding of Dialpad’s product architecture and distill it into elegant and intuitive interfaces and workflows.
- Balance Dialpad’s existing visual and UX patterns to ensure a consistent, intuitive experience across the platform.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Design, Product Management, and Engineering throughout the entire product lifecycle to design new features and products.
- Quickly iterate on design solutions and ideas based on design critique sessions from peers or user research learnings.
- Create beautiful, functional, and intuitive visual designs and workflows that work cross-platform.
- Obsessively QA work with engineering and product management to ensure visual and UX adherence to the agreed upon solution, providing clear, actionable, and detailed feedback to your team for revisions.
- Provide design leadership for their product area alongside your Product Manager and Engineering Lead, shaping the team’s roadmap and goals, making sure objectives are achievable, measurable, and impactful.
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills, both in one-on-one and group settings. Able to communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in an accessible way even to those unfamiliar with a project.
- Communicate work early and often, as well as encouraging peers to do the same and seek out constructive feedback from your manager, peers, product team, and project stakeholders regularly.
- Contribute to and help maintain Dialpad’s growing design system alongside the Product Design and Engineering team.
- Mentor junior designers and work well alongside peers.
- Identify user research opportunities (both qualitative and quantitative) to help support Product decisions and work closely with UX Research on those opportunities.
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills with an eye for details. Specifically expert command of information design, visual hierarchy, layout design, typography, color theory, and brand systems. (You must provide examples.)
- Experience incorporating Design, Engineering, Product, and Research feedback and/or insights into your work.
- Experience using design patterns, knowing when to adhere to patterns, and when to suggest pattern evolutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can work, discuss, and present well with various groups and levels across the organization.
- A highly collaborative and iterative approach to product design, focused on ensuring a consistent experience within your product area as well as the entire product.
- Experience working closely with engineering to develop, iterate, and ship high-end interactive solutions.
- Ability and willingness to quickly produce concepts and test ideas.
- Experience prototyping UI interactivity to help communicate your full vision for a feature, workflow, or solution.
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies required to design and build interactive experiences.
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working on iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience designing SaaS and/or cloud-based applications.
- Experience working on messaging or chat platforms.
- Experience working with design systems.
Who will you work with?
Design Manager: The Design Manager helps the Senior Product Designer through helping set regular personal and professional goals; helping them take ownership of impactful, large projects; encouraging cross-team collaboration; clearing roadblocks; championing their work with other teams; addressing broader organizational problems; providing regular feedback and mentorship; and other general support.
Product Design Team: The Senior Product Designer works closely with all Product Design team members through project collaboration, providing thoughtful feedback and critiques, flag quality concerns, makes recommendations for improvements and enhancements, and other assistive efforts.
Product Management: The Senior Product Designer works closely with Product Managers to help define a product’s vision, roadmap, and tasks; providing design support throughout the entire product design process and helping conduct user research efforts.
Engineering: The Senior Product Designer works closely with Engineering to ensure all projects are visually and experientially implemented correctly, providing detailed and clear feedback when revisions are needed.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.