Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conferencing calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. We not only build products to enable the everywhere worker, but we also are everywhere workers. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere.
About The Role
You are a trusted Human Resources Business Partner with a track record for delivering a wide range of consultative and support services to business leaders, and employees, within their respective client groups. You understand how to work closely with leadership to achieve goals by developing HR strategies that align with business objectives. You excel at anticipating HR-related issues and proactively address employee matters. You Do the Right Thing, have a high degree of integrity, keep company and employee information confidential, and approach sensitive situations with discretion. You are an expert at communicating with all levels of employees and management, and a key influencer with leadership decisions through sound judgment and analytically guided advice. You are a natural at solving problems and understand employee matters are not straight forward. You have a high level of business acumen and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You champion diversity, equity, and inclusion in an international, matrix environment, where professional and cultural differences are always considered when providing counsel. You have fostered an inclusive culture where all employees have a sense of belonging.
This role supports all three of the Dialpad locations across APAC: India, Japan, and Australia
- Develops a thorough understanding of the business goals and objectives while aligning HR services with management needs and requirements. Learns the business objectives, future business direction, and links HR strategy with business deliverables.
- Acts as a counsel to the business leaders for all employee-related matters. Including but not limited to performance management, employee relations, headcount planning, organizational and change management initiatives.
- Works proactively with other operations teams to gain a solid understanding of the key business drivers. Can assess and disseminate complex situations into workable solutions for the business and employees.
- Works seamlessly with the recruiting team to identify and recruit top talent. Interviewing candidates when necessary, agreeing on compensation, creating compelling employment packages.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy including long term objectives and company culture
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions programs and policies.
- Is commercially responsible to know when to inform internal Legal Counsel. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Coaches both managers and non-managers on work-related issues, and provides policy interpretation. Guides managers and others through performance management and corrective action process and follows legal guidelines by country.
- Acts as a single point of contact for business managers. Collecting and discussing issues and finding resolutions.
- In collaboration with the People and Programs team, helps develop and deliver training programs on a variety of technical and management topics.
- Provides timely, accurate, and meaningful management reports, analysis, and forecasts, both quantitative and qualitative on workforce data. Recommends strategies and approaches to correct or improve issues and/or trends identified.
- Oversee administration for client base as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Between 5-8 years’ experience in an HRBP, Advisor, or Generalist role, ideally within the tech industry
- Experience managing a varying workload from partnering with Talent Acquisition on opening requisitions and benchmarking compensation, managing employee relations matters to improving policies and procedures, and planning an effective performance review cycle
- Experience managing employee relations issues from end to end are essential
- Knowledge of local labor law and HR best practices across the APAC region
- In-depth knowledge of India laws and best practices
- Fluent English and Japanese would be beneficial but are not essential.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make us successful. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.