Dialpad is the most modern business communications company in the industry. Our products range from conferencing calling, to phone systems to contact center solutions that are all built with the end-user in mind. We allow workers to be productive from anywhere on any device and have moved all the power of an on-premise phone system or contact center to the cloud to be accessed and used by modern workers in today’s Work from Anywhere environment.
Who We Are
At Dialpad, work isn’t a place you go, it's a thing you do. With offices in San Francisco, San Ramon, Austin, Raleigh, Vancouver, Waterloo, Tokyo, London, Sydney and Bangalore, we truly believe in finding the best talent everywhere. We also embrace the Work from Home movement and are just as happy hiring great talent from anywhere if they choose to work from home rather than in an office.
With over $220 million in funding from OMERS Growth Equity, ICONIQ Capital, GV, Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis Ventures, Work-Bench, Scale Ventures and other top VCs, Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that enable workers to be productive from anywhere!
- Proactively monitor and respond to alerts on Dialpad’s telephony and infrastructure platforms by executing standard resolution measures from the Incident Playbook.
- Identify when monitoring and alerts indicate incidents and assume ownership of the closure of these incidents
- Effectively communicate the status of incidents to the different stakeholders like Business, Customer support, etc
- Work with Engineering teams to quickly resolve the incidents
- Create tickets when incidents uncover a systemic problem in the platform and assign the tickets to the right stakeholder
- Be part of the feedback loop to iteratively improve and optimize the monitors, alerts and standard procedures in the Incident playbook
- Support the QA team as and when needed to validate new releases
- 7+ years of experience in system administration or technical operations of a high scale production environment
- Great knowledge of linux systems, shell scripting
- Working knowledge of computer networks (TCP, SSL, VPN, DNS & ICMP)
- Great English oral and written communication skills
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
- One or more of the following certifications: CCENT, Network+, Linux+ or equivalent
- Experience working with clouds like GCP, AWS
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.