Dialogue is Canada's leading telemedicine platform, offering virtual health care to 10% of the population! Our multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses (practitioners, clinicians) and other health care professionals continually exceeds expectations and experiences in health care. We provide a strong mental health offering to patients who need support. Our goal is to make Canadians happier, healthier and more productive in the workplace by making it easier for them to access health and wellness care wherever they are, whenever they need it!
Dialogue offers its services to employers across Canada and Germany, who in turn provide Dialogue as a part of their benefits package to their employees. As a virtual platform that can be used 24/7, we empower employees and their families by providing safe, high-quality care for their physical and mental health. We view ourselves as a complement to the public system, never as a replacement.
At Dialogue, we offer you a welcoming, collaborative and supportive work culture, while allowing you to participate in shaping the future of virtual care!
What your work will consist of:
- Offer top-level support and guidance to patients on the Dialogue platform
- Perform clinical assessments and identify red flags
- Collaborate closely with our multidisciplinary team of medical professionals (doctors, nurse practitioners, care managers, etc.
- Follow internal protocols within your scope of practice
- Contribute to projects or initiatives to further develop your skills
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- A minimum of 2 years experience
- Bilingual in French and English (spoken and written)
- Available to work two evenings per week (up until midnight) and one weekend out of three
- Experience in expanded role, community care or primary care
- Experience with triage, emergency, or intensive care (assets)
- A desire to work in an environment that encourages autonomy, professionalism, and adaptability
- Motivated by an environment that is focused on continuous improvement and excellence
- Excited to be a part of an innovative workplace
- Strong computer skills
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to have an impact within a leading telemedicine company that is well-funded and experiencing rapid growth;
- A multidisciplinary team that will support you in your work and help you grow professionally
- A flexible schedule and a healthy work-life balance
- A competitive salary, a generous time-off policy, and a paid volunteer day
- A top-tier benefits package including unlimited access to Dialogue’s services for you and your dependents, paid parental leave, gym membership reimbursement, and much more!
Dialogue is compliant with the professional norms and regulations of the Order:
Nurses practicing by telepractice within Dialogue do so in accordance with applicable legislation regarding the use of information technology and are subject to the laws, regulations and codes of ethics governing the profession in the province or territory in which they perform the act and those governing the profession in the province or territory where the client is located at the time of the remote consultation.
Upon hiring, the nurse receives training on telepractice standards of practice, including session confidentiality, emergency protocols, reliability of mobile devices or other applications, interoperability of applications or software with the systems used, and data security.
A nurse practicing telepractice is subject to the same requirements and standards of practice, duties and ethical obligations as in an in-person consultation. She remains responsible for the actions she takes and is professionally liable. Virtual consultation is only possible when no assessment and physical examination is required.
In the event that the nurse is called upon to perform remote procedures in other provinces or territories that require it, she or he must obtain, at the request and expense of Dialogue, a permit to practice in these other provinces or territories.