Dialogue is the leading telemedicine platform in Canada. Through your phone, you can access a virtual walk-in clinic and consult with a multi-disciplinary team of health specialists including nurses, nurse practitioners, doctors, psychotherapists, and nutritionists that care about your health. Dialogue is serving over 400 forward-thinking employers that understand that their employee's wellbeing is important.
Our mission is to make Canadians happier, healthier, and performing at their best by helping them access health and wellness resources wherever they are, whenever they need it. We pride ourselves in being in the hearts, minds, and pockets of our clients.
Our team is composed of developers, sales and customer success experts, designers, data masterminds and product, marketing and operations people who all work closely with our healthcare specialists to deliver the best user experience. The Director of Design is on a mission to bring a user-centric approach to Dialogue. How do we design Dialogue, the company? How do we empower our employees to contribute to the design process? How do we get and integrate feedback? You will be working closely with our Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to bring our brand and suite of products to the next level.
To be successful, we need the product to work for a wide variety of people — patients, nurses, general practitioners, specialists, HR managers, benefits administrators, etc. As a result, the product has many specialized experiences and is spread across multiple apps — a consumer mobile app, a care platform for the healthcare practitioners, a medical intake, and an organization management dashboard. Crafting experiences across apps is challenging, but when we’re successful, technology simply disappears and people experience great timely care they need.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a long-term strategy and vision for our products based on insights of key stakeholders
- Clarifying and sharing where we have insight gaps in our customer experience (gathering information from the business, the market, and the customers) that affect the vision and strategy of our products. Ensure we are conducting high-quality generative and evaluative research on an ongoing basis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Partnering with our Product & Engineering teams to make sure that projects are well-defined, high-impact and successfully executed
- Recruiting, identifying needs and optimizing the strengths of designers on your team to ensure career growth and continuous improvement in the capabilities of the organization
- Continuously monitor and improve upon the processes that enable our teams to deliver extraordinary experiences that advance our strategy
- Advocating for a design-centric culture within Dialogue
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience designing a world-class digital product on both mobile and web platforms
- Experience building, coaching and leading high performing design teams
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to contribute on a strategic and operational level
- A collaborative individual with a no-ego approach and a passion for learning and sharing
- True focus on customers (e.g. your decisions are based on research, including interviews, usability testing, and quantitative data)
An understanding of current and future facing UX/UI patterns
Love of pixel perfectness
Need to be onsite at the Montreal office
What we can offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a team of hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals who will help you learn and grow; with a mission to remove barriers to great healthcare
- Competitive compensation for full-time employees including top-tier benefits for you and your family paid by us, four (4) weeks vacation, and unlimited access to Dialogue, among other perks
- A newly designed office in the heart of Old Montreal filled with snacks