Dialogue is the leading Canadian telemedicine platform, delivering excellent care remotely, and allowing patients to access a full team of physicians, nurses, and other medical specialists. Our mission is to make Canadians happier, healthier, and performing at their best by helping them access health and wellness resources wherever they are, whenever they need it. Dialogue is serving a multitude of innovative and marquee employers across Canada and growing rapidly.
Our team is composed of entrepreneurs, developers, sales and customer success experts, designers, data masterminds and product, marketing and operations people who all work closely with our healthcare specialists. We’re very collaborative and fortunate to have this unique multidisciplinary team that brings a variety of perspectives to the table.
About Dialogue products
We think of Dialogue as three products. One for patients, one for the care team, and one for businesses that provide the benefit to their employees.
The Care Team is the heart and soul of Dialogue — these are the nurses and doctors who provide great care for our patients. The product that supports everything the Care Team does is called Care Platform. It integrates care management, realtime messaging, live video and medical record management. We’ve designed the Care Platform in a tight partnership with the Care Team and continue to rely on their insight as we extend the product.
We’re looking to build one of the best products available to nurses and doctors by leveraging the latest technologies and thoughtful design. There’s so much opportunities ahead, we’re growing our engineering team and are looking for an engineer to lead the development of this product.
Want to build the next generation healthcare?
You would be joining a team of talented and passionate engineers in developing a scalable, robust, and extensible product. You’ll work with the team to develop a solid architecture to support iterative development, and build efficient and reusable systems and components. You’ll share best practices and your deep expertise of front-end development.
The future of the Care Platform and the Patient Apps is about building a human-in-the-loop system and merging ML with human productivity features to help scale the Care Team and deliver great health and wellness services. You’ll work alongside of the ML and platform teams to integrate new services into the products.
What’s product development like?
The Care Platform and Admin Console products are build on React and Redux. Patient App is based on React Native (on iOS and Android) and on React for the Web version. It is a realtime system that integrates realtime messaging and WebRTC video. We code in ES2015 and Babel compiler.
All apps leverage a common platform — a set of micro-services written mostly in Python and deployed on AWS.
We use Git and every commit gets a peer code review to spread knowledge and keep the code base healthy.
We are moving fast with two-week sprints, using continuous deployment to allow us to innovate and experiment. Everyone — from engineers to designers to clinical staff — is encouraged to be a part of the conversation, offer suggestions and feedback. The team is always looking to improve the development process.
Engineering manager at Dialogue is a key supporting role for a team of stellar engineer. A lot of front-end technologies are re-used across other products — Patient App and Administration Console. There are lots opportunities to make this re-use more optimal and efficient.
Engineers work out of our Montreal office. We value colocation highly and find working together in person is most effective for our team. But, we do have varying work schedules and promote work/life balance.
Who we’re looking for?
- Please refer to this post for technical requirements
- You like the idea of joining a fast-growing startup to lead a team of exceptional engineers.
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with people with different backgrounds.
- You are self-driven, like fast-paced teams, don’t mind occasional uncertainty of a startup and have a great sense of processes needed to deliver quality on time.
- You enjoy both sweating the details and deliberate, long-term system thinking.
- You’ve built and shipped great production systems or products.
- You have deep experience with front-end technologies, and comfortable with complex architectures of modern Web applications.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to have an impact in an early-stage, well-funded company that is growing quickly;
- Being part of a team of hard-working, ambitious and caring individuals who will help you learn and grow professionally;
- A competitive salary, stock options and a generous time off policy;
- Top tier benefits plan including unlimited access to Dialogue for you and your family, a comprehensive parental leave program, wellness membership reimbursement and much more!;
- Flexible work hours and possibility to telecommute;
- A positive workplace setting and culture in a beautiful sunny Old Montreal office with steps-away subway and bikeshare access -or- an equally conveniently located Toronto office in a startup coworking space with coffee, tea, beer tap, and more.