Cell and gene therapies are revolutionizing the world of medicine. However, these products are facing massive reimbursement challenges as their cost and value profile are incompatible with existing health insurance models. There is a huge opportunity to help redesign the reimbursement approach for high cost medicine through technology and data. If you are excited about building better solutions to help patients get access to transformational medicine, join us in launching a new health tech venture to power innovative market access solutions for cell and gene therapy.
Who we’re looking for
An accomplished technical co-founder to lead the engineering and build of a healthcare technology company, grow an engineering team and build a high-quality product.
As one of the co-founders, you will build and scale a venture with an important mission from the ground up. If you are up for it, you will:
- Work closely with the co-founding team to define the product vision and technical strategy.
- Set up the technology infrastructure, processes, and best practices from the ground up - selecting stack, defining architecture, etc.
- Be responsible for delivering the MVP of the product.
- Lead technical conversations during sales and deployment with pharma and payer customers.
- Build and lead a passionate engineering team.
- Build and manage the development roadmap, define and track KPIs, progress, and budget.
- Work with compliance, regulatory and legal teams to ensure that the technical processes adhere to all healthcare compliance requirements.
The ideal CTO co-founder for this venture would bring:
- Experience building and scaling healthcare patient data solutions, such as a real-world evidence platform, data-driven digital health product, or healthcare IT solutions.
- Familiarity with integrating data from a wide range of healthcare sources.
- Experience with healthcare data and security compliance requirements (HIPAA, SOC 2, GDPR, etc.)
- A proven track record in technical leadership roles, hiring, managing and growing a team.
- The capability to drive the technical build on both front-end and back-end with a start-up/agile mindset.
Other useful assets:
- Experience at an early-stage or fast-growing startup
- Familiarity with electronic health records, healthcare data repositories and health data APIs
What you’ll get:
- Significant founder equity
- Competitive compensation
- Market competitive health insurance and benefits
Please note: This is not an employee opportunity at Diagram Ventures, but in a new company created by Diagram Ventures. This company will be independent from Diagram Ventures, and the founding team will collectively receive the majority of the equity in this new company.
Diagram is a venture builder that conceives and launches technology companies in the financial services, insurance, and health industries. Working alongside world-class founders, Diagram combines access to venture capital investment, hands-on support, and a deep ecosystem of partners into a unique platform to launch and scale a business. Since 2016, Diagram has raised over $205M and launched 13 new companies across North America. Our ecosystem is home to 90+ angel investors, including 45+ entrepreneurs with >$15B in exits and an extended global network of corporate partners, investors, and builders.
Applying at Diagram
Diagram is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Diagram’s Ecosystem team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for. We launch five new ventures each year in the FinTech, Health, and Insurance space and are continually excited to talk to founders and top talent who want to join us.