Diagram is a venture builder on a mission to launch the next generation of tech companies in financial services. We develop and de-risk ideas to build conviction in opportunities. We utilize our global ecosystem to reach customers faster and accelerate growth. Diagram has raised over $205M, and since 2016, we have created and backed 13 companies, with 2 exits and 1 IPO.
Our newest company is currently in stealth mode and is looking to onboard a Founder & CTO. This company is building the pipes for the infrastructure that will power the next generation of credit products.
Please note: This is not an employee opportunity at Diagram Ventures, but in a new company created by Diagram Ventures. This company will be independent from Diagram Ventures, and the founding team will collectively receive the majority of the equity in this new company.
Fintech companies are transforming credit and lending with innovative ways to acquire, underwrite and onboard customers. At the core of this transformation are deliberate efforts to build the next generation of financial services using modern tools, prioritizing a highly modular and scalable microservices-based architecture. Yet, 3rd-party vendors that provide the infrastructure needed to service credit products have not kept up with the pace of innovation. Batch processing, AS/400 systems and a lack of modern open APIs are still commonplace. With the upcoming surge of technology companies looking to provide financial services, there is an opportunity to build the infrastructure for modern credit natively on the cloud.
Who We’re Looking For
We are assembling a team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and financial services experts and we are now looking for an accomplished technical co-founder to lead the engineering build of a cloud-based immutable system of record and credit card issuance platform: grow an engineering team over time and build a high-quality product.
As one of the co-founders, you will build and scale a venture with an important mission from the ground up. If you are up for it, you will:
- Work closely with the founding CEO to define the product vision and technical strategy, and ultimately drive the execution of this vision
- Set up the technology infrastructure, processes, and best practices from the ground up - selecting stack, defining architecture, etc.
- Be hands-on in delivering the MVP of the product, working alongside early pilot partners
- Build and manage the development roadmap, define and track KPIs, progress, and budget
- Build and lead a passionate engineering team to continually develop the product in alignment with the broader strategy and vision
- Work with compliance, regulatory and legal teams to ensure that the technical processes adhere to all banking, lending and network requirements
The ideal founder for this venture would bring:
- Experience building and scaling fintech technical solutions in the US
- Experience building or operating an issuer processor, credit system of record, servicing platform or core banking system
- Experience building highly performant and reliable API solutions for technology companies
- The capability to drive the product build on both front-end and back-end with a start-up/agile mindset
- A proven track record in technical leadership roles, hiring, managing and growing a team
Other useful assets:
- Experience at an early-stage or fast-growing startup
- Experience launching a credit card program
- Familiarity with regtech and security solutions to meet the requirements of regulators and customers (SOC 2, GDPR, KYC/AML, etc.)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements in lending (TILA/Reg Z, FCRA)
- Familiarity with modern immutable databases
- Significant equity ownership
- Competitive compensation
- Market competitive health insurance and benefits
Applying at Diagram
Diagram is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Diagram may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for. We launch five new ventures each year in the FinTech, Health, and Insurance space and are continually excited to talk to founders and top talent who want to join us.