Diagram is a venture builder on a mission to launch the next generation of tech companies in financial services. We develop and de-risk ideas to build conviction in opportunities. We utilize our global ecosystem to reach customers faster and accelerate growth. Diagram has raised over $205M, and since 2016, we have created and backed 13 companies, with 2 exits and 1 IPO.
Our newest company is currently in stealth mode and is looking to onboard a Founder & CEO. This company is building the pipes for the infrastructure that will power the next generation of credit products.
Please note: This is not an employee opportunity at Diagram Ventures, but in a new company created by Diagram Ventures. This company will be independent from Diagram Ventures, and the founding team will collectively receive the majority of the equity in this new company.
Fintech companies are transforming credit and lending with innovative ways to acquire, underwrite and onboard customers. At the core of this transformation are deliberate efforts to build the next generation of financial services using modern tools, prioritizing a highly modular and scalable microservices-based architecture. Yet, 3rd-party vendors that provide the infrastructure needed to service credit products have not kept up with the pace of innovation. Batch processing, AS/400 systems and a lack of modern open APIs are still commonplace. With the upcoming surge of technology companies looking to provide financial services, there is an opportunity to build the infrastructure for modern credit natively on the cloud.
Who We’re Looking For
We are assembling a team of fintech entrepreneurs, technologists, and financial services experts and we are now looking for an accomplished founder to lead this venture: owning the vision, strategy, fundraising, and execution.
As a Founder & CEO, you will build and scale a venture with an important mission from the ground up. If you are up for it, you will:
- Build and lead a high caliber team of “A” player early hires
- Establish early customer relationships (e.g. fintechs and financial institutions), and create a scalable sales engine over time
- Provide overall leadership to the organization, working across all aspects and functions of the business (product, marketing, sales, services, tech, finance, etc.)
- Lead the fundraising efforts in collaboration with the founding team and investors
- Work closely with the investors/board, communicating regularly
The ideal founder for this venture would bring:
- Track-record of leading a business as a CEO, President, COO, Product Executive, or GM with P&L ownership within an organization
- Experience in fintech; preferably in credit, lending, payments, servicing or card issuance
- Experience taking a business or product from 0 to 1; track record of entrepreneurship
- Experience raising funds from VC investors
Other useful assets:
- Experience in product or business development
- Experience launching a credit card program
- Understanding of the US credit card regulatory and compliance landscape (KYC, AML, consumer protection, fair lending, Reg Z, PCI DSS, etc.)
- Significant equity ownership
- Competitive compensation
- Market competitive health insurance and benefits
Applying at Diagram
Diagram is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Diagram may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for. We launch five new ventures each year in the FinTech, Health, and Insurance space and are continually excited to talk to founders and top talent who want to join us.