Over the past decade, we’ve seen a number of fintechs and digital-native brands build massive audiences. Today, the momentum continues and these players are looking for alternatives to increase brand loyalty and expand financial product offerings. Digital card / payment products present a huge opportunity for fintechs and brands to monetize their audiences. However, these products are highly complex, costly, and time-consuming to build and deploy.
We are assembling a team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and financial services experts. If you are excited about building better solutions to help US-based fintechs and brands launch credit cards, we would love to hear from you.
Who We’re Looking For
An accomplished technical co-founder to lead the engineering build of a credit card issuance / payments / lending platform: grow an engineering team over time and build a high-quality product.
- Work closely with the founding CEO to define the product vision and technical strategy, and ultimately drive the execution of this vision
- Set up the technology infrastructure, processes, and best practices for a credit card issuance platform from the ground up - selecting stack, defining architecture, etc.
- Be hands-on in delivering the MVP of the product, working alongside early pilot partners
- Build and manage development roadmap, define and track KPIs, progress, and budget
- Build and lead a passionate engineering team to continually develop the product in alignment with the broader strategy and vision
- Work with compliance, regulatory and legal teams to ensure that the technical processes adhere to all banking, lending and network requirements
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with related technical education or qualifications; ideally in building and scaling fintech technical solutions in the US
- Experience building highly performant and reliable API solutions for technology companies
- Capability to drive product build on both front-end and back-end with a start-up/agile mindset
- Proven track record in technical leadership roles, hiring, managing and growing a team
Nice to Have:
- Experience at an early-stage or fast-growing startup
- Familiarity with regtech and security solutions to meet the requirements of regulators and customers (SOC 2, GDPR, KYC/AML, etc.)
- Digital wallet (Apple, Google, Android) / electronic payments experience
- Significant equity ownership
- Competitive compensation
- Market competitive health insurance and benefits
Please note: This is not an employee opportunity at Diagram Ventures, but in a new company created by Diagram Ventures. This company will be independent from Diagram Ventures, and the founding team will collectively receive the majority of the equity in this new company.
Diagram is a venture builder that conceives and launches technology companies in the financial services, insurance, and health industries. We've designed a unique platform for entrepreneurs who have a proven track-record or domain expertise to start their next business by combining access to venture capital investment, hands-on support, and access to a vast network of partners and incumbents. Since 2016, Diagram has raised over $145M and launched eleven new companies across North America. Our ecosystem is home to 90+ angel investors, including 45+ entrepreneurs with >$15B in exits and an extended global network of corporate partners, investors, and builders.
Applying at Diagram
Diagram is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Diagram may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for. We launch five new ventures each year in the FinTech, Health, and Insurance space and are continually excited to talk to founders and top talent who want to join us.